PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Welcome to the group.
Im also in WNY....about 90 miles South of you......yep, RIGHT on the PA border......I can throw a rock and hit PA.
Why don't I just jump the border for lower taxes and less governing?
Well, I'm a glutton for punishment! :)

Reactions: Copperhead

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Welcome to the group.
Im also in WNY....about 90 miles South of you......yep, RIGHT on the PA border......I can throw a rock and hit PA.
Why don't I just jump the border for lower taxes and less governing?
Well, I'm a glutton for punishment! :)
Worked as a Trooper out of Olean and Wellsville, many of the county roads were not marked with PA. State lines resulted in illegal extraditions, glad the statute of limitations has expired.

• Haha
Reactions: Sig

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Worked as a Trooper out of Olean and Wellsville, many of the county roads were not marked with PA. State lines resulted in illegal extraditions, glad the statute of limitations has expired.
The rural road I live on does not have a sign on the border.
They way you know you crossed the border, is the road quality changes.
Warren Co PA takes at least minimal care of the road, while Chautauqua Co NY, not so much.
Our road LOOKS ok, but there are dips in the tarmac EVERYWHERE.
After it rains the road becomes treacherous!
There are hundreds of water filled grooves/dips that hold up to 2 inches of water. Some of these dips are 20+ yards long.
If you're not paying attention, you may Hydro plane off the road.
At very least the puddles violently grab your tire, almost ripping the steering wheel from your hand.
I don't notice as much in my Silverado 2500, but in my BMW M4 or my wifes Nissan Rouge, its kinda sporty. :)
When it freezes, these puddle/grooves/ dips, create hundreds of black ice areas. Luckily there is very little traffic on the road.
My theory on how the road got so bad is years of tractors and huge trucks from a large dairy farm on the road.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hello all, I'm from WNY, currently the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area.

<< Snipped bits out >>
Please put your location in your Profile! Folks will forget.

Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

WhiteRaven

Lurker
Jun 15, 2024
Wyoming
Good Afternoon from Wyoming.
I am a new comer to pipes, I tries in the past but couldn't get over the hurdle of slowing down smoking little own my life to be able to enjoy it. I feel as if that has changed for me. Just purchased my first briar pipe a Chavom club 851 and look forward to chatting and learning from everyone! God bless!

Reactions: jpmcwjr