PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclescot

Lurker
Sep 12, 2016
I'd love to meet up, but Indy trips are squeezing my budget a bit. One of our guys lives up near Mishawaka in South Bend, which is where I am. The Tinder Box was closed down a couple of years ago because SB/Mish's tax-and-frighten tobacco laws bite the less harmful guys (non-cigarette smoking). Blame chokers and their Chemical Tubes for the unacceptability of all kinds of smoking, even pipes. I think SB even has a law against people meeting in groups on private property for the purpose of smoking. I'd have to check into it.
Anyway, is there anyone else near SB/Mish, or who'd be willing to travel a bit up our way? We could return the favor and travel down there once or twice every month or two.

dude01

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
Hello

I'm new to the area but not pipes (I've smoked off/on for over 50 years).

We recently took a trip to Traverse City and I realized SB/Mish is not that far. An ever other month or so trip would be fine.

I'm in Crown Point; the area is poor for pipe shops but I would be interested in being in a group.

I'm retired and so can take the time to drive if I don't have to spend the night.
Also I would like to correspond w/people who know what shops are where and what they carry.

I plan to go into Chicago in a month or two (when the weather is not too bad) and check out a couple of shops I've heard about.
Sorry for the rambling tome but I want to get some info on me out there and see if can find a like mind person or two

Thanks

Gary

dude01

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
Still interested.

Attended the Chicago pipe show last weekend.

I am a lot lighter in the wallet but it was a great trip.

Wish I had had some one to attend with.

Would like a club more than ever after the show.

I'm so lonesome for a pipe smoking friend I joined the Chicago club.

zackery

Lurker
May 13, 2017
In the Bloomington area. Would like to know what location, if any, you decided upon. Obviously, I couldn't attend something as far north as South Bend and the like. Would really like to meet and talk to other pipe smokers considering I am the only one I know out of all my friends and acquaintances.

Status
Not open for further replies.