PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Early on, I only smoked W.O. Larsen's Signature Blend because I didn't know any better. I was given a tasting of this blend at the Briar Patch in Sacramento and for a while that's all I bought.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Not with pipes. Before I even started smoking I had read everything I could find about pipes and tobacco.

But for more than 20 years before that I smoked cigarettes, never more than one brand at a time and for the last 10-12 years one brand only. During those many years, flavor was never a priority. It was about the nicotine, mouth and throat feel and burn characteristics.

So in a way I was a one blend guy. But as a pipesmoker I'm not and never have been.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Ray47 said: " Flat out reason is, I'm retired, on a fixed income and just can't afford all these different blends anymore."

That is why I started to cellar in the last year before retirement...thanks to my good friend AJ who told me to "get it on!"
Now I have a cellar that will hopefully last until I die.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I smoked one blend for nearly 8 years. Out of maybe three pipes that whole time. For the first 15 or so years of my smoking, I liked a variety of aromatic and non aromatic blends, eventually settling on blends with a lot of perique. Then I put the pipe down for a couple of years. When I picked it back up, my 'mostly a cigar shop' tobacconist had a bulk aromatic that I liked well enough, so I started ordering it a half pound at a time a couple of times a year.
Fast forward to a year ago now. I went to make the order and it turns out to have been a McClelland blend and no longer available. I found this forum while trying to figure out what had happened to the company. In that time I've tried close to 50 blends, started messing with flakes and such, purchased a few new pipes for the frist time in more than a decade, developed a traveling pipe cabinet, and planted a couple dozen tobacco plants.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I wish I was ... my wife would sure be happier. On the other hand I have not found the no 1 go to all day all night blend. I may smoke a favorite like Royal Yacht (well maybe not ry anymore) or st. bruno back to back tins/pouches, or like ash mentioned, smoke one of them more frequently than others, but the itch for this or that always pops up.
Oh, and by the way, what is this Tinderbox? I don't remember running across this store when I was in the US ...

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I smoked one Chief Catoonah blend -- 'Fifth Regiment' -- for the first 25 yrs of my smoking career. Not sure what I was thinking. Very little?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah, I forgot about Chief Catoonah (RIP), Princes blend?. I occasionally enjoy an alternate to MM965, which is the death knell for that blend or shop (Imperial Dubec from the now gone Annapolis Smoke Shop, etc.)

thedbs999

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2018
Wheeling, WV
For the longest period of time I was a fan of Prince Albert as that is what grandpa smoked. Then after a couple years i was some where i coould not get Prince Albert and had to go with Carter hall. I still like them both, but with age I've branched out.
Dan

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
During my first semester of college, when I was first learning to smoke, I was a one blend smoker (I think it as SWR, thought it's been a while so I can't be sure).
Like workman, I was a one-blend cigarette smoker (Drum).
But today, I'm in the same boat as madox,

I wish I was ... my wife would sure be happier. On the other hand I have not found the no 1 go to all day all night blend.
Variety isn't an end for me. I want to be a one-blend (or maybe a 3-5 blend) smoker, but I keep collecting new tobaccos while I look for the one (or 3, or 5) blend(s) that I won't tire of.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I rarely smoke the same blend twice in a row. Of course, when working on a new blend, I would make an exception.

That said, while I'm at work I smoke the same type of blend all the time - i.e. - a$$kickers. Otherwise I wouldn't make it through the day.
Russ

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I started trying every easily available blend. That meant aromatic pouches (Clan, any Borkum Riff, Amsterdamer).Then, one day, I found the Dunhill international squared tins and really liked MIld Blend. This made me try every Dunhill blend available, and everything changed. Nowadays, I have always an English and a Virginia open, usually three or four open tins, but, when a tin is over, I never open another of the same blend. I like variety.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
before days when I smoked cigarettes, I mostly smoked one chosen blend as after dinner, mostly it was something with latakia, primarily Dunhill blends,whereas today when I had pretty much quite with cig smoking I usually have something like 3-to max. 4 open tin/pouches at a time, though where possible I tend not to open the very same blend type I had just finished earlier, it is the variety keeps things interesting to me

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
I've been a one blend smoker for decades (tipically aromatics, but also for a long time Amphora Original Blend), only about seven years ago I discovered that I liked nearly every type of blend (except cigar leaf) and started to rotate between them

Status
Not open for further replies.