PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Today, I returned home after being stationed in Iraq for 9 months. While I was still in uniform, I went into an ice cream shop near the airport to get a milkshake. The girl behind the counter handed me my shake and said, “It’s on me.” “Thanks, you didn’t have to do that,” I said. “Neither did you,” she replied.

intrepid721

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2013
Thornton, Colorado
Welcome home, there's nothing quite like that first taste of home and the warm welcome from a stranger can only make that sweeter. Thanks for doing what you do. We just welcomed my cousin-in-law home from Afghanistan. Glad to have you all back, the first sound nights sleep in 9 months will certainly be welcomed by your family I am sure. Cheers!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Glad you got home safely, and again, thanks for your service.
Did you get a chance to smoke your pipe overseas?

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Welcome home Teddy! I remember coming home from my deployment in Africa and getting that first taste of Tim Hortons coffee. You really have to be Canadian to get the allure but being home sure felt good at that point. Thanks for your service brother and good for her to recognize it.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Welcome back, Teddy!

As an Israeli, I can assure you that my countrymen appreciate the significant role American soldiers play in the fight against terrorism.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Welcome home Teddy, it was nice to hear that she gave you a milkshake. When some of us came home we got spit at in the airport. Glad to see things change for the better.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
@ace57 I'm suprised there were not more broken hippy bones during that time period. I think spending 30 days in the brigg would be worth the personal satisfaction of breaking the idiots jaw so he couldn't spit for awhile.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome home and than you for your service. It will be even better when all troops are home and we are no longer in the war. The costs in service members lives is way to high.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I'm so sorry about the misunderstanding, and i'm glad that the attitudes toward our Service Men and Women have changed for the better. And, that you found this story inspiring i just wanted to share it as quickly as i could, and simply forgot to say that i found it on the internet i'm a nam vet from the 60's USMC. Please forgive me.

Teddy

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Welcome home! As a member of the Canadain Forces i know how good it feels to come home after a deployment. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Now enjoy a good smoke!
As a side note, everytime i have been down to the States i am in awe of how much respect your armed forces get. I was in NYC for Fleet Week last May and my god was it a humbling experience, never once has anyone thanked me for my service in Canada, and yet everywhere i went in uniform while in NY i was thanked. I only wish that respect would be shown everywhere for military members.
Once again, glad you are home friend.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Teddy now that's good stuff. :rofl: Just a good mix up welcome home anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.