PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I don't need another pipe or tin, but when I come on here, I always find something I "need" to buy. What other websites do that to you? For me, it's Cool Tools. They always seem to have some tool or gadget that makes me say "how have I made it this far in life without owning this?" This usually results in buying something I really don't need. Anyone else have a website that does that to you?

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
EBay.

All it took was to finally, actually win an auction.

Now I look harder than I ever did before.

Someone please... please help me.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
For me, it's LePipe.it

They have a huge inventory, with brands and models not found in the USA; all presented in a comprehensively informative way. (I never knew Peterson made a Rugby line of pipes until I saw them there.)

PE_RU_6_7.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My last 3 pipes were from LePipe.it, and service is good, but standard mail service is a bit slow -- 7 to 10 days to Chicago. No problems, however.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've spent far more more money on tobacco and accessories than I ever dreamed I would when I started. I intended to spend $100.00 on MC 40th and spent $450.00. Spending too much on this past-time seems to afflict many. The best advice, which I am loathe to follow, is give it up.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This site is the worst for making me buy pipes and tobacco. I see all kinds of new stuff I haven't tried and then the itch gets big time. Second to this site is SP as they have the best pipe pictures and descriptions on the web. Ebay of course is fun too browse but it is rare for me to find something that is a good enough deal for me to buy. If I can't get the price I want, I pass. I am pretty strict about never getting into a bidding war.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Harris, I also set strict price boundaries for items on eBay. But Christmas is always a buyer's market, as many are reluctant to spend, knowing their credit card is already maxed out. As a result, I have two new Nachwalter pipes, several Stanwells and a few nice Kriswills. I deleted the desktop eBay icon last week.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This site has easily sucked a cool grand out of my coffers since I joined in June. That's likely a conservative figure.
Well, that's why I go to work every day, so I can enjoy life a bit.
Here's to you enabling bastids! :puffpipe:
jay-roger.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
On that note, however, I am pretty well set up now and need only the occasional box of pipe cleaners and only the best deals on more leaf for the "cellar"
jay-roger.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Yes, the forums besides offering entertainment and education in the process at least double what is spent by someone who's doesn't so participate. At least the extravagance of my spending on the 40th was for one of the most noble VAs extent, and perhaps one that will not reappear.
I've asked the question before, but if MC can make the 40th, why have they stopped making CC?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
On that note, however, I am pretty well set up now and need only the occasional box of pipe cleaners and only the best deals on more leaf for the "cellar"
We will see how long that will last... :rofl:

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
Despite the reviews read on this site, this site has drawn me to spend over $400 at Pipes and Cigars over the past two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.