PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I've come across 3 unsmoked Weber Collector pipes which I'm assuming where made sometime between the 1950's and 1960's. All 3 are massive chunks of briar (and I'm petty sure it's Algerian) and about as large as some of the hand made giants carved my some of the Danish makers. I've include some photos of one of them.
Any info on these Weber's would really be appreciated. I do not plan on smoking them.
Ray

weber-collector by jabomano, on Flickr

weber-collector1 by jabomano, on Flickr

weber-collector2 by jabomano, on Flickr

weber-collector3 by jabomano, on Flickr

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Not sure if you're wanting info about the Weber company in general or just these specific pipes, but there have been a number of threads here devoted to Weber.
In my experience, these are definitely unusual pipes to come out of the Weber factory. Most were standard English shapes (and sizes!).
I know you do a ton of selling on eBay, but why not smoke them yourself? That's what they were made for, after all. :)
Bob

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
You don't want those. They're junk. Luckily I happen to be a pipe disposal expert and will be glad to take care of them free of charge!
Seriously, nice looking pipes. You should definitely resolve that "unsmoked" issue.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those are very interesting. There are a few serious Weber collectors on the SmokersForums.uk if you strike out on info here. If you put them on Ebay, I can vouch for Jabomo, I bought a very nice Digby Author from him. (I always recognize your photo background.)

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Nice. No judging by me to each their own. I would smoke-em Sir.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jabomano:
Smoking a Weber Canadian as I type and that's one good looking burner, pard.
I truly believe that Weber and Ehrlich are two of the best kept secrets out there in the estate world. I have several of each and they're wonderful pipes for the dollars spent.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.