PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
London, a couple of 30°C days - first time I've felt comfortably warm this year, tbh, proper t-shirt weather.

I remember in the 80's, some trips with my father to the UK, seeing the milkman with his motorcycle cart, leaving the small bottles of milk at the entrances of the houses. That milk tasted very good. Also the armed British soldiers, even hidden in the bushes, in the wall of a school. The first hamburger I ate was in the port of Dover, in a McDonalds or Burger King, I can't remember.

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I remember in the 80's, some trips with my father to the UK, seeing the milkman with his motorcycle cart, leaving the small bottles of milk at the entrances of the houses. That milk tasted very good. Also the armed British soldiers, even hidden in the bushes, in the wall of a school. The first hamburger I ate was in the port of Dover, in a McDonalds or Burger King, I can't remember.
Ah, the 1980s, when there were milk rounds and terrorist bombings. Nowadays, we have supermarkets and peace, and the entire British Army would fit into Wembley Stadium with room to spare.

Reactions: JOHN72