PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Approaching drought conditions here in Eastern NC, farmers are concerned about the impact it's having particularly on corn and tobacco. My yard is pretty crispy, small chance of rain Monday then nothing for the next 10 days.

Reactions: JOHN72 and PaulRVA

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Long sunny spells, cool breeze wafting in, 24°C in London, very pleasant altogether. Sitting out, FVF gently smoldering, scantily clad young women passing by... what's not to like?

Reactions: JOHN72
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
We got whacked with a few more storms in the middle of the night. Our rainfall for the year is way above average and that’s even after the little dry heat wave stretch of the past 10 days or so.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Its been VERY hot here lately......South of Buffalo.
We aren't used to this type of heat this far North.
90+ every day with 60%-70% humidity.
Over the last couple weeks we have had a couple MINOR rains that did absolutely nothing except raise the humidity.
We grow our own food, and our animals food.
Luckily we have 9 ponds on the property, so watering most of the crops is easy enough....... except all the work it takes. :)
The last two weeks is the first time I've seen our cattle use the barns.
For 20+ years they never go in the barns!
They are a tough Irish breed that do not usually shelter......ever.
The barns aren't much cooler but its shady and there are fans.
The hogs and goats just hang out in the ponds.
The horses are wimpy, they stand in the barns and "require" daily ice cold hose baths. The dogs, of course, roll around in the ponds.
The next couple days say the highs will be upper 70s. The break will be nice.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Been humid the past couple days here in the mountains north of LA. But this afternoon, big monsoonal clouds rolled in, and at about 4pm, we got a sizeable soaking rain for about half an hour. Filled our 55 gallon rainbarrel up about a quarter of the way, which will take care of today's greenhouse watering quite nicely. It will also prevent the arsonists aka US Forest Service from lighting any more prescribed burns that "just get out of hand."

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Here in my city, and province, we are enjoying a lull of bearable heat. Yesterday they said on tv, that a cold front is arriving, with rains. Which is fantastic for Spain. In addition to some incredibly pleasant temperatures for this time of the year, which is already approaching July. I am very sorry for the floods and the human losses of my colleagues in Europe, Switzerland, it was horrible. Prayers for the victims and their families.

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
It's been between 90° and 100° with high humidity for the last week here in central Connecticut. I haven't been able to sit outside to smoke since last weekend. It's just brutal. We also had tornado warnings Saturday and Sunday. I smoked a cigar on a hike and a couple on a kayak jaunt, but the humidity really affected the quality of the smoke. No pipes though.