Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I saw on smoking pipes that there is a VA/cavendish blend called Taste of Temptation. It has cherry and amaretto flavoring. Pretty cool tin art. I’m not sure this is for me but was curious if it appeals to anyone else.

Reactions: Cap

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Me either. I do like aromatic blends but I’m leveled up on them between 2 Ken Byron blends and Gawith. I don’t see this one flying off of shelves. In fact the 5 tin limit may even be SP using reverse psychology on us 🤔

But I m interested to see what the appetite for it might be among this crowd.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Good luck that the pipe looks like that upon receipt. I purchased one of the new eggs specifically because of the Italian "blue sapphire" stems. Um, not quite as the stem was mostly khaki green with a couple of blue specks if it was held up to the light. I did write, as I like MM products and have bought a number direct from them, in the hope that they would just send me a blue stem as shown on their site. However, they wanted me to send a picture of the stem ( I am not especially capable of doing that). Good customer, cheap pipe, cheaper stem and really not worth the time or effort. Seemed like a poor business decision. However, i hope yours is as nice as the picture.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That price really shows intention. I call it gift pricing. Too expensive to buy for yourself (well for what it is) but will tempt that special someone who is buying it for someone they want to impress while not really knowing too detail about their beaus interests. The high price actually becomes a draw for two reasons. One chases us off from buying so the imaginary wife or girlfriend or boyfriend who has a cooler girlfriend then he deserves knows they're buying something new and novel for their affectionated one (since we're not paying that for that), and even the recipient doesn't really like tobacco all that much they still might feel extra loved by the extra money spent. (kind of like every time a girl has bought me a cigar cause they know I like tobacco it's always something over priced not really my style and still one of the best cigars I smoked because despite the fact I try to hide it I am a sentimental bastard.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Definitely picking some up...
For your girl or yourself?
That price really shows intention. I call it gift pricing. Too expensive to buy for yourself (well for what it is) but will tempt that special someone who is buying it for someone they want to impress while not really knowing too detail about their beaus interests. The high price actually becomes a draw for two reasons. One chases us off from buying so the imaginary wife or girlfriend or boyfriend who has a cooler girlfriend then he deserves knows they're buying something new and novel for their affectionated one (since we're not paying that for that), and even the recipient doesn't really like tobacco all that much they still might feel extra loved by the extra money spent. (kind of like every time a girl has bought me a cigar cause they know I like tobacco it's always something over priced not really my style and still one of the best cigars I smoked because despite the fact I try to hide it I am a sentimental bastard.
That’s an astute observation about the gift pricing, IMO you are likely right

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My concept of a good aromatic is one where the flavoring brings out the flavors of the tobaccos in the blend, and I find whiskeys, rum, and molasses do this best. Cherry is hard to tame so it shares the stage with tobacco, though there was a pretty good cherry blossom aromatic that had that trait. I've heard this called tobacco forward aromatics. So this isn't a blend I'd likely go for.

Reactions: Egg Shen