Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
So!!!!! while I was procuring a decent amount of Rouxgaroux yesterday, I added a few ounces of "Glass Slipper" to my cart. Reading the description it says it was a limited run and brought back due to the procurement of a special vintage 1990 turkish crop. I've never purchased it before yesterday and am now saddened to see it sold out. I'm wondering if it will be brought back with a different Oriental crop? Only time will tell

Reactions: Scottmi

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
So!!!!! while I was procuring a decent amount of Rouxgaroux yesterday, I added a few ounces of "Glass Slipper" to my cart. Reading the description it says it was a limited run and brought back due to the procurement of a special vintage 1990 turkish crop. I've never purchased it before yesterday and am now saddened to see it sold out. I'm wondering if it will be brought back with a different Oriental crop? Only time will tell
Posted by Ernie the end of Jan

"I made more. No rush yet, as we've got enough of the vintage turkish to last for around 6 more batches."

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Good to know, how many batches you think they have gone through since then 1 maybe even 2 so I'm glad I got some to try if I enjoy it enough I shall keep my eye for the re-up

Reactions: vosBghos

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Good to know, how many batches you think they have gone through since then 1 maybe even 2 so I'm glad I got some to try if I enjoy it enough I shall keep my eye for the re-up
I'm assuming this is the first one, but seems like when they are out of that leaf they might be out of that leaf. So i'd keep an eye out and if you like it that much buy what you can when it's released.

I'd sign up for whatever newsletter they have as well, pretty sure they give a heads up with what they are working on and release dates.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
When Ernie runs out of that vintage Turkish, that'll be the end of Glass Slipper. Ernie has stated more than once on forums that he won't sell a blend that's been changed under the same name because he feels it would not be the right thing to do.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
When Ernie runs out of that vintage Turkish, that'll be the end of Glass Slipper. Ernie has stated more than once on forums that he won't sell a blend that's been changed under the same name because he feels it would not be the right thing to do.
That's what I like to hear. Honesty of 1s business practices is a big pluse when it comes to me purchasing anything. To know people are still doing it the right way with integrity and pride. I can see why you worked with them. I'm hoping this wasn't the last of it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Exactly, I just recently tried Yendiji Supreme and it's just a great tasting blend. Can't wait for this glass slipper to come in so I can do my own Oriental battle.
Yenidje Supreme was pretty good, but I liked Yenidje Highlander better. Straight Yenidje is pure heaven. Glass Slipper's toppings diminish the orientals to a degree that I didn't care for.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss
Jun 23, 2019

Lol - but why? You might not even like it... Personally, I much prefer the Persian Slipper but that's only because of my affinity for Latakia in blends.

Jun 23, 2019
Glass slipper is an excellent blend. I tried Persian Slipper, i also love latakia blends, and didnt find that that remarkably special.

Wow different people have different tastes?

Next you'll be telling me Crunch Wrap Supremes are not the pinnacle of 'Mexican' cuisine.

LOL - but jokes aside, just wanted to help OP quell some of that FOMO. Just because it's 'limited' and sold out, doesn't mean you'll necessarily like it.

• Haha

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Yenidje Supreme was pretty good, but I liked Yenidje Highlander better. Straight Yenidje is pure heaven. Glass Slipper's toppings diminish the orientals to a degree that I didn't care for.
The Syrian in highlander is intriguing but the Cyprian is not to my taste. Who know maybe I would like it better but for what The Supreme version is I like it.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Lol - but why? You might not even like it... Personally, I much prefer the Persian Slipper but that's only because of my affinity for Latakia in blends.
Because I know my tastes, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't believe I would enjoy hense why no Persian Slipper. I might try it someday but right now I'm focused on cellaring my faves and Va/Per. Ther was a period early in my smoking that all I seemed to buy was lat blends. So I am straying away from said leaf for awhile.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
seems like it wouldn't be wrong to remake it and label it as a tribute. But that's just awesome.