PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It is a work of art. The stem is amazing. Is the tenon briar or delrin? The fit really does look like one piece. Congrats to you both!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I don't know which is more amazing -- the pipe or the gift.
It's rare to see something truly unique and new in pipemaking these days, but this is definitely it.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Wow! Beautiful! I would like to see one of those in a lighter color! Great gesture on Wayne's part and you are a lucky dog!!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I can't see pix on my gov't computer. Your narrative sent me scrambling for my phone to see. That pipe is just, well words fail me (rare occasion...).
Congratulations on an amazing pipe and Mr. Teipen gets huge props for making that pipe and his tremendous generosity.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Wow! Really unbelievable gift. :worship: Could not have been to a more appreciable man. Congratulations, mistrlowercase :lol:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This could not have happened to a more deserving and esteemed forum member/ pipester than Troy!

Congrats Troy, and kudos to Wayne for artistry, innovation and generosity. :clap:

pipesdownunder

Might Stick Around
Nov 3, 2013
One of my very first pipes (my second, actually) was an all briar poker. It confused my pipe knowledge at the time because it made me think it was a common thing. Realised shortly after that it was not.

I find briar stems and buttons really comfortable because they are softer. Of course, they wear quicker but I really do enjoy them!

pipesdownunder

Might Stick Around
Nov 3, 2013
One of my very first pipes (my second, actually) was an all briar poker. It confused my pipe knowledge at the time because it made me think it was a common thing. Realised shortly after that it was not.

I find briar stems and buttons really comfortable because they are softer. Of course, they wear quicker but I really do enjoy them!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
That is one beautiful piece of art work! Congrats!

I wish you many wonderful awesome smokes with it. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.