PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Haha, these are my favorite threads on here. I starting water flushing when it came up in the forum a few years back....$100 pipes to $5k pipes. New pipes to 19th century pipes. Zero damage, zero issue, to me a better holistic result than pipe cleaner/alcohol (what I used prior). Don't want to do it? Don't. I think the 'biggest' factor on cleaning your pipe is giving it the once-over prior to all the funk n' gunk cooling and hardening. Water flush, for me, takes it an extra mile in odor and mortisse TLC.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Who is starting an argument? You made a BS statement and I simply asked for proof. And flush your pipes with water and you won't need Q tips and only a minimal amount of pipe cleaners and paper towels. Again, I don't care how you choose to clean your own pipes but I do have a problem with all the negative comments from people who have absolutely zero experience with water flush to speak from. That's the definition of BS.
With a thread like this, people with personal experience on the subject, whether positive or negative, have something of value to contribute.
The rest are kind of beside the point.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
With a thread like this, people with personal experience on the subject, whether positive or negative, have something of value to contribute.
The rest are kind of beside the point.
People have experience outside pipe smokers anecdotal experience which may be considered. It’s your choice and
your pipe.

someone may have personal experience that they drove a vehicle 100k miles and never did an oil change. That experience is YMMV at best.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But to argue the merits of not doing it when others so clearly find it helpful and beneficial makes you look.... obtuse.
You’re being too polite. Troll, ignorant, stupid, irrational come to mind, especially when the statements come from someone with zero actual experience.
Threads on this topic never fail to bring the trolls out from under their bridges.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
People have experience outside pipe smokers anecdotal experience which may be considered. It’s your choice and
your pipe.

someone may have personal experience that they drove a vehicle 100k miles and never did an oil change. That experience is YMMV at best.
What is your personal actual experience with water cleaning a pipe that actually informs your contributions to this thread?
Because THAT is what the OP is asking for.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
your pipe.

Bless your heart, you really are an overachiever, and you’re not smart enough to quit while you’re behind.
Good Stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.