PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticker

Lurker
Feb 17, 2021
Many of you probably already know about about Fine Pipes International. He does not send the product after receiving payment. He even says "its in the mail". It just never comes. Because of the risk of slander, I cannot say what I think of him. But you can guess.

MinnesotaNice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2023
Minnesota
I didn't know. I don't always have coin to throw on a new pipe but when I do, I of course expect delivery. Thanks for the tip

sticker

Lurker
Feb 17, 2021
Yes he is old, but when speaking to him on the phone, he does have help in the background. Of course it could be someone named Harvey. Really he seems alert, and nice enough. The order was for nothing more than pipe wax. I have found out that Smoking Pipes will no longer order from him, as they used to carry his stuff. If you look up his stuff there is nothing that says he is out of business, and he took my order over the phone. OH well, I suppose I won't die from a lack of wax.

Reactions: Pipeoff

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Yes he is old, but when speaking to him on the phone, he does have help in the background. Of course it could be someone named Harvey. Really he seems alert, and nice enough. The order was for nothing more than pipe wax. I have found out that Smoking Pipes will no longer order from him, as they used to carry his stuff. If you look up his stuff there is nothing that says he is out of business, and he took my order over the phone. OH well, I suppose I won't die from a lack of wax.
I mentioned infirmities due to my thinking the site was moribund years ago. Perhaps it's I who is the demented one, in which case how would I know? In any event, we've been warned. Thank you for the heads-up.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Sad to hear about the bad service. He used to be on top of his game years ago.

I tried to email several times with no reply a few months ago so I wrote him off without purchase. Looks as though he pulled out of ebay as well with several negative feedbacks for non service, I wouldn't hold your breath for delivery and just try to get a refund.

Reactions: hyperstar

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Moved out of the classified section (OP - please read the rules before posting to this area).

He used to sell on eBay, but I find no product now.

It looks like he has been a problem since 2022:

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I still have some Paragon and Halcyon wax. I will say Renaissance wax works very well. I was hesitant at first due to its petroleum smell, but the smell goes away in a few minutes and it does not impart any flavor to stems if you choose to wax those too.

Reactions: OverMountain

sticker

Lurker
Feb 17, 2021
I like to use Renaissance Wax on things that don't come near mucus membrane. Thank you all for the reply"s.

Status
Not open for further replies.