PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Since I’m not the only one who picked more than one film, it seems the problem may be with the unwarranted assumption you made in the discussion thread, i.e., that people only have one movie they watch over and over again.
What's the one movie that you can basically watch over and over?
Why would someone ask for one and expect many? If someone says "what is the one tobacco you really want" do you just naturally list 30 or do you provide the one? :D

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Why would someone ask for one and expect many? If someone says "what is the one tobacco you really want" do you just naturally list 30 or do you provide the one? :D
I do not have just one. That’s the point. I suspect the same is true with the many others who posted multiple films. It’s like asking who is the one parent or one child you love. Those who may love their parents or children equally won’t be able to respond as you would like.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Those are the greatest for me: John Lurie‘s „Stranger than paradise“, „2001 A Space Odyssey“, Andrei Tarkowski‘s „Solaris“, Bertrand Tavernier‘s „Coup de torchons“/ „Der Saustall“ with Philippe Noiret and Isabelle Huppert, Fellinis „La Dolce Vita“ and any of Jean Luc Godard, who died too soon.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There are too many to name that I've watched multiple times...but none that I would watch "over and over".

Typically I need a minimum of a year, usually longer, between viewings...even for the ones I like the most.

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Aliens, Empire, Young Guns, The Christmas Story, It’s a Wonderful Life and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I would, because THAT'S my reality. Sure there are people who smoke only one or two blends. I did that for years. But that's no longer true. These days I cycle through dozens of blends. So when presented with any form of "one choice" I ignore it because that's just not my reality. If that were ever imposed on me I'd just skip the inevitable getting bored and resentful part and jump to "no thanks".
I was monogamous in my marriages. Other than that, variety is the spice of life.