PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
There's a lot more than one, but the first to pop in my head is Giant. Beautiful screenplay and terrific pacing - and I've got a major THING for young Liz Taylor.

While I love Cary Grant flicks, I abhor North By Northwest. I don't even hate the movie (it's a very good movie) but it gets played WAAAYYY too frequently on TCM.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
What's the one movie that you can basically watch over and over?

For me it's easy, El Dorado, John Wayne leading an all-star cast and one of my favorite Jimmy Can movies.
Also, my favorite Western and Clint Eastwood flick is Outlaw Josie Wales. I could watch that once a week, every week, and probably not grow too tired of it.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This reminds of a tv station we have in Australia (SBS I think), that plays The 5th Element on repeat for 24hrs one day of the year. Surprisingly never get tired of it, as we leave it on during the day in the background.

Otherwise there is Conan the barbarian and Rambo 3, that I can think of now
Fifth Element is a good call. You only get one choice.

Reactions: Brendan and kcghost
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
What's the one movie that you can basically watch over and over?

For me it's easy, El Dorado, John Wayne leading an all-star cast and one of my favorite Jimmy Can movies.
I’ve probably seen El Dorado over 100 times. One of the few movies we had on VHS as a kid. So it was more a product of limited choice. But I love that movie still to this day. Can probably still quote it line-for-line.