Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Just received mine and pinched out a bowl before jarring it up for a little while. I like this one a lot - easily my favorite WCC blend. The red Virginias have some depth that will probably deepen with some down time, the perique is nice and yeasty, and the price is right, IMO. It did arrive quite moist, almost Samuel Gawith tier, but I buy a lot of that too and while not to my liking, will not deter me from buying more every chance I get.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jack

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Any reports yet? I want to smoke but it’s been raining all day and still coming down.
Absolutely delicious! The blend is smooth with a nice creamy mouth feel and the Perique is exceptional.

For those who haven't yet received their orders, just remember that there are hundreds of orders to process and pack and there's only two guys in the shop, which still has to handle its walk-in traffic. It's going to take a couple of days for everyone's orders to get processed.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I'm smoking some 558 and thoroughly enjoying it...my Roux will be here Monday and really excited! Have not been able to pick up any of the last drops but happy to have some soon enough! Watch City blends some fantastic tobacco.

Aug 1, 2012
Mine shipped today. Wanted to take it to the pipe club but that's not to be tomorrow. We'll see if I can bring it next week.

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Okay. I had a bowl. My error for not drying it more. Been raining here all day so I should have allowed into dry more.

Tasty stuff this tobacco. Tangy, sweet and tart. I don’t have the pállate of others here, I’ll just say it’s good and I’m very happy I grabbed a LB.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
This batch has strong qualities of tabac au jus d'sauerkraut, more so than the last batch I received: very vinegary nose. I haven't smoked it yet and won't for a while as I've sealed mine in a mylar bag. I look forward to seeing how it tastes in a few years time.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jack

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
My tobacco came at just the right moisture and ready to smoke. I have never had Rouxgaroux or any other Watch City products before but I must say that at least for me, this is some of the most delicious tobacco that I've smoked in some time. I will definitely try to purchase a bit more during their next drop.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
To me the 6 oz. I received today is a lot - could mean some gets “unloaded” on my Secret Santa “victim”.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
I really love this stuff. Smoked about 2 ounces of it from the last release and put the rest of the pound back. I just finished a bowl from the current release and it’s stellar to my taste. The releases are also a great time for me to stock up on some of their other flakes like 558, WC slices and my personal favorite Old Dominion.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
I received my pound today. Dried it for 30 min and it was still a little hard to keep it lit. Nice smoke though.