PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I miss our Indian restaurants. It is not nearly as good as take-out. You need the fresh entrees or a fresh buffet or the spices aren't retained as well. I'll have to read up on Akbar. That may be our first dining out when we feel comfortable doing that. Other take-out has worked -- sushi, sashimi, Chinese, Mexican. I also miss dim sum on Sunday; I hope our "local" place has not folded. It's not close, but is worth the drive.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Many years ago in a distant galaxy near London when I worked for a crap Merchant Bank if we got bored on a Friday afternoon we would think up some stupid product and then try and sell it over the phone. My friend Jerry got 'Hand Tooled Italian Leather Saddles with Strategically Placed Pleasure Points' whilst I got the 'Stay Fresh Seat Cover'. I rang up every Indian Restaurant in East London with the following sales patter....
'Good afternoon. Am I speaking with Mr. Patel the owner of the Star of Delhi Restaurant in Stepney?'.
'Well Mr Patel today is your lucky day. You have been chosen to participate in our 'Stay Fresh Challenge'. As you probably know eating Indian food cause a lot of methane in the form of bottom burps. Trapped seating methane derived from a Chicken Korma is responsible for 56% of all restaurant fires. We can supply you with a charcoal impregnated seat cover that has triple N which stands for No Nasty Niffs since the charcoal absorbs the methane. An added bonus is using this seat cover will reduce your insurance bill by 40% and we can supply then in a full array of tacky velvet colors to match your interior decor'.

The whole sales pitch was total crap but I used to be able to get appointments from restaurant owners who loved the idea and it livened up a slow Friday afternoon. The story about the 'Leather Saddles' is for another time.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I would say at best Akbar could make sixth place after...

1st. Jesus of Nazareth, who is referred to as King of Kings & Lord of Lords

2nd. (4 way tie) Alexander the Great, Constantine the Great, Cyrus the Great & Catherine the Great.

I mean... the names say it all. Akbar would still face pretty stiff competition from Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, Julius Ceaser, Hitler, and of course Ronald Reagan.

Jan 27, 2020
I would say at best Akbar could make sixth place after...

1st. Jesus of Nazareth, who is referred to as King of Kings & Lord of Lords

2nd. (4 way tie) Alexander the Great, Constantine the Great, Cyrus the Great & Catherine the Great.

I mean... the names say it all. Akbar would still face pretty stiff competition from Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, Julius Ceaser, Hitler, and of course Ronald Reagan.

Interesting interpretation of "greatest ruler" you have there...did you forget Pol Pot?