PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I love them. Kyle blends his cigars more to a medium bodied, floral flavor profile because he is a fan of Cuban cigars. Check out the Warped site or any of his interviews on YouTube. A few lines are rolled in Miami and the rest are rolled by Aganorsa. If you need some suggestions let me know.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I love them. Kyle blends his cigars more to a medium bodied, floral flavor profile because he is a fan of Cuban cigars. Check out the Warped site or any of his interviews on YouTube. A few lines are rolled in Miami and the rest are rolled by Aganorsa. If you need some suggestions let me know.
I'd love to hear your favorites. Never tried a Warped.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
They are very much a boutique brand with prices to match. I like Flor del Valle, Don Reynaldo, Sky Flower, Maestro del Tiempo, La Colmena Unico and the EL OSO series. Shit, I like Guardian of the Farm too. It might have been easier to list the cigars that I don't care for.

Original release Black Honey was very good too but the hype made them almost impossible to get a hands on.

Reactions: anotherbob

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I always tell people don’t spend a lot of money on crazy rare and high priced cigars from anyone. If they put out great cigars in their lower priced lines (ie.Fuente, Padron) then their higher priced cigars are worth smoking. I would personally start with the Cloud Hopper. I think the retail price is $6. If you like that go for the La Hacienda ($7-$8). Then move into the Muestra Del Tiempo, Don Reynaldo and the 1988 ( I think #3 cigar of the year for 2019). If you like those three, you will like Warped.

Reactions: odobenus

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I thought that La Colmena No 44 was sort of their flagship cigar. How does it compare with say a Punch double corona?

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
The only Punch marque I have is the Punch punch but I say they have a lot of similarity. It's difficult to obtain the nuance that I get with the former though. Kyle is one of the best at duplicating Cuban flavor IMO. I find Don Reynoldo to be a great match if I wanted a comparison.

Reactions: tobefrank

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
To me a good Cuban Punch has a certain sourness (in a good way) and tang that only Cubans can have. I would say Warped would be the non-Cuban version of a Ramon Allones mixed with a Quai D’ Orsay. Hope that makes sense.

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
They are okay cigars, priced competitively other premium brands. For me there is no greater brand on the market representing premium tobacco and Cuban character better than Aladino. I'd go with a box of Aladino natural and just enjoy a very well balanced medium/mildish smoke.

I suppose if you wanted a more modern maduro profile then Warped would be good. But Aladino also makes a superior Maduro :)

Reactions: Rockyrepose
Status
Not open for further replies.