PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Please be patient for a little while longer. Both War Horse Bar and War Horse Green will be processed, put away and available for sale shortly.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm smoking a bowl of War Horse Green as I write this, and I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out. It's Lakeland-esque, and very stout. The top note is much more intense than War Horse Bar, and has a different floral note. As soon as the War Horse Bar is unpacked, I will try one of those as well and I'll report back.
Russ

jking

Lurker
Oct 17, 2016
You enter the dark paneled room, it’s walls lined with ancient books. An antique table stands beside a leather club chair. Upon it, next to a small silver coin, an open tobacco tin entices you with an aroma deep, rich, authentic. You fill your bowl, strike a match. The first puff stops time as the smoky magic weaves it’s spell..
..The mystery continues.
Is it tobacco? Mold?? Or is it a cash cow designed to suck you in???
Warhorse green? Or, money in your pocket???
Discuss before the lock :)
Discuss…

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
::sigh::: I've been waking up every morning, getting a cup of coffee, turning on the iPad, going to p&c, clicking on Warhorse, and then clicking refresh a couple of times, before lighting my pipe and checking the forum here. Waiting, waiting, waiting... like a circling shark with a credit card with a zero balance. :puffy:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
ummm, well, I was excited, but now I'm a little weirded out. Lakelandesque? I was hoping for something more like Condor. If it's a dead grandma lakeland, then...
Don't worry. It's not like the little rose-shaped soaps that grandma kept in her bathroom.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Intrigued. Are these aromatics?
There are aromatic elements to both, with War Horse Green being the more aromatic of the two, but they're unlike your garden variety aromatics. First, they're in plug form. Second, these are very stout tobaccos, much more robust than regular aromatics. Third, there's no fruit, vanilla or any such flavorings. The top note is floral and herbal. That's why I referred to them as "Lakeland-esque", because, while though the flavors are unlike most of the SG and G&H offerings, they're closer to that kind of tobacco than they are to Captain Black.
Russ

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
HmHaines: I have reviewed both blends and you can check them out here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-stc-war-horse-bar-and-war-horse-green-reviews

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Can't wait! Literally, I'm having a really hard time waiting! I put some money aside for these new offerings but it's just begging to be spent!

This is my take... After I tried most of the Irish plugs that we've had no easy access to, I've been a little disappointed that getting access will get even slimmer soon. So, this is an Ameririca made play on those wonderful plugs. I've tried WarHorse regular, and loved it. I set back 20 tins. But, now comes the heavy hitters, the Babe Ruth, McGuire, the powerhouses. I'm proud to have gotten to know the forum members, masterminds behind this WarHorses, that I want to make sure that I will be enjoying these blends for years to come. I've smoked a bar of WarHorse gifted to me, and I can guess what that the Green is going to be like... it's not a gamble. These are going to be Great! :::refresh, refresh::: it only makes sense to stock up right away.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It was just taking too long and I had a 20% gift card about to expire.
So, I grabbed a few items to scratch the itch:
SG Brown #4 Kendal Twist - 1/2 pound

GH Rum Twist - 1/2 pound

GH Dark Flake Unscented - 1/2 pound

Peterson 3P's Perfect Plug - 5 tins
That should soothe the TAD (refresh, refresh) while waiting this out! :puffy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Seriously guys if I intend to load up on the stuff and it was a Dan & Simon drunken lunch idea to do this stuff in the first place then you know its got to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.