PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I just finished refurbishing this estate pipe. It's stamped "Walnut Antique"on one side and" Algerian Briar" on the other. I don't know who made it, but the target logo on the stem looks like that of an old Linkman sub brand I looked at on the Pipe Logos web site. If it is as old as that, I'm surprised given the excellent condition it's in. The briar quality, fit and finish is top notch from my humble perspective. It has a push stem and maybe once had a removable stinger that is now lost. If anyone can tell me more about this pipe I'd be grateful.
walnutantique01_zps1a2dae0c.jpg

walnutantique02_zps2a823e8a.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Can't see the stem logo very clearly but it doesn't look like any Linkmans I've seen. They did make several lines of pipes but they were usually stamped Linkmans and/or MLC. It's a nice pipe regardless of who made it !

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Tuold......just received a similar pipe in the mail for restoration as well. I, too, tried to research a bit, and the only additional info I found was "made in France".......

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
:rofl: I didn't notice it until oklansas called it out, but looks like you can almost fit one of those oranges in there if so inclined.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I should have indicated the measurements! Those are mikans there, not oranges. It's a fairly standard sized pipe, about 5 1/4" long. I just went out to the shop to measure it but it's lost out there amongst the pile of pipes I call the "collection".
Mojoe, I want to see a picture of your Walnut Antique. Does it also have the target logo on the stem?

Status
Not open for further replies.