PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I almost forgot about this pipe... It was one of my first estate buys and I snapped the tenon off about ten minutes after I received it. I only paid $20 for it so I thout no big deal and threw it to the side and chalked it up to experience. A few months ago I purchased a new Chacom Prince and did the same thing... I determined that I was going to get that pipe fixed as it was high in my rotation and smoked wonderfully.

I stumbled back onto the old beaten Savinelli Oscar and decided to throw it in with the other to get repaired. I was basically doubling my investment in the old pipe but it seemed like justice.

A few weeks later Mike called me and told me the pipe had a crack in the shank and he could either glue it with no guarantee it would last or put a silver band on it.

More cost... Decisions, decisions... I went for it and I am glad I did...

I received bth pipes back... Repaired perfectly with new delrin tenons and the Oscar with a perfect little silver band...

The Oscar isn't a looker but it smokes great.
8926842533_55acc72234.jpg

Edit: Fixed the picture, L.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Thanks L... Was just uploading to another photo sharing site, when I returned fixed like magic!
Edit: My pleasure. I sent a PM to tell you how I did it. L.

Nice pipe by the by.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Nice! I have a pipe in Mike's shop for a stem conversion. I can't wait to get it back. That pipe looks marvelous twang!

Status
Not open for further replies.