PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I’ve been stocking up on tobacco afraid they might tax it severely, and one of my online purchases was a 9 ounce bag of Virginia Gold - Black and Gold- by Lane.

It cost $9.99 for a nine ounce bag. There are several Virginia Gold blends, this one is named Black and Gold.

Folks, this is absolutely a delicious fully aromatic candy flavored blend!

The candy smell whacks you when you open the package, and you’ll want to sprinkle this stuff on your ice cream.

The label says it has the right amount of burley and black cavendish and a touch of whiskey. I say it’s tobacco flavored like cotton candy you can smoke in a pipe, and I love this blend.

Theres coconut and raisins and bread and lots and lots of candy sweetness going on here.

I’ve just ordered seven more packages, nearly four pounds, for seventy bucks.

So now feel free to make your order, that I’ve got mine.:)
8860B387-4D6A-4813-A597-088300F577B0.jpeg3927EB3B-7370-4388-97E4-41FE5CB286F9.jpeg29C78110-25CE-422A-B1E6-056CE89FF74C.jpeg

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
The Virginia Gold blends are some of my favorites. The Virginia Gold Vanilla is excellent and the Virginia Gold Black Cavendish IMHO is one of the best black cavendishes. The Black Cavendish is a great mixer. The price and the quality is very good. I have a bag of Black and Gold and Cherry, but I'm not as impressed with them as the Vanilla and Black Cavendish. You won't go wrong stocking up on any of the Virginia Gold blends.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My first pipe this morning is a Lee full of Virginia Gold Black and Gold, and if I keep this up I’ll gain weight!

Your grandma’s sugar cookies weren’t any sweeter than this.

I read this morning that tobacco taxes have been stripped from new proposed tax bills, so this might be your last chance to buy over five pounds of this tobacco confection for about a hundred dollars, and explain to your wife you’re doing it for the family, in order to preserve finances.

Your great grandchildren yet unborn will likely still be smoking from all the tobaccos you’ve stashed using a tax increase as an excuse.

There’s a sale on Virginia Gold Cherry with a Halloween discount to where three 9 ounce bags are about $25.

If it’s half as sugar sweet as this it might rot out my false teeth and root canals.

Normally a sweet smoke like this has lots of black syrupy cavendish in the mix, but this looks like ordinary black and gold mixture blend, and it’s actually on the dry side, packs easily and fires up with no drama, and burns all the way down in the bowl. My wife and legal assistants get a sugar high from the the aroma.

Better order some extra, as there’s not much nicotine in this to make you put down your pipe to recover. This is the textbook definition of an all day blend.

In two days I’ve taken a big chunk out of my 9 pounce bag, but more is on the way.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
The Virginia Gold Vanilla is one of my favorites. The Virginia Gold Black Cavendish is good all by itself, but as a mixer it really shines. They may be inexpensive, but they are a good quality smoke.

Reactions: Briar Lee