PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Lets see more when you get them framed.
I agree, let's see more when you get them framed. This is the kind of stuff your not going to see at your local Hobby Lobby. It's cool.

I purchased this set of 6 vintage Chocolat advertising cards from a shop in Antwerp, Belgium. The cards show the steps of chocolate from seed to final product. Card #1 is picking the cacao seeds on the plantation and card #6 is the chocolate being made into the final product. I had them framed and I enjoy looking at them everyday.

20200530_085349 - Edited.jpg

*note - I purchased online from the shop in Belgium. I've never been to Belgium...yet.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I agree, let's see more when you get them framed. This is the kind of stuff your not going to see at your local Hobby Lobby. It's cool.

I purchased this set of 6 vintage Chocolat advertising cards from a shop in Antwerp, Belgium. The cards show the steps of chocolate from seed to final product. Card #1 is picking the cacao seeds on the plantation and card #6 is the chocolate being made into the final product. I had them framed and I enjoy looking at them everyday.

View attachment 31655

*note - I purchased online from the shop in Belgium. I've never been to Belgium...yet.
Looks great! A chocolate lover?

thanks guys. I’ve been meaning to post it and I had been discussing with @logs about the Pipe smoking trade cards I collect.

I wish they weren’t glued to the old scrapbook page because I’d love to see the back of a few of them. Like the guy on the bottom middle.. wtf ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How intriguing. The use of a kid in the pipe context is interesting, just a whim of art, but imagine that today. Real historical items, and handsomely framed. Also the chocolate factory. As a kid, I had a cigar box full of promotional cards from the 1890s, lost in the churn of time and endless moves.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
How intriguing. The use of a kid in the pipe context is interesting, just a whim of art, but imagine that today. Real historical items, and handsomely framed. Also the chocolate factory. As a kid, I had a cigar box full of promotional cards from the 1890s, lost in the churn of time and endless moves.
Well when you were a kid these things had just come out so I can imagine!

(Kidding ?)

A lot of them are kids with pipes. Apparently a very common advertising theme of the day.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well when you were a kid these things had just come out so I can imagine!

(Kidding ?)

A lot of them are kids with pipes. Apparently a very common advertising theme of the day.
also apparently a common sight in daily life too. Letting your kid smoke their pipe was apparently what a good parent does, helps them with the focus to learn and stuff like that.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS