PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
"I live in Citrus County, FL and our school district is a Purple Heart district. We have a large senior citizen population. There are reserved parking spaces for Purple Heart recipients at every school campus."
The signs I saw in SD were purple Heart parking signs. Never saw them before. Was impressed.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
As a veteran myself, I find this thread to be very interesting. I even took the time to think before I typed a comment (very unusual for me!)
I think most veterans who are also blessed to still be healthy (myself included), do not believe that we did anything other than serve our country when called to do so, and that literally millions of other would have dutifully served if they had been called. I want parking spaces for those who have a need for them (physically handicapped, very pregnant women, etc), but think that a special parking space for a mobile individual, just because they are a veteran who served when called, defeats the purpose of what those special spaces are designed for.
Maybe I'm missing something here but just my .2 cents.

My only beef is with giving contractors that already shop exclusively with Home Depot the best parking spots next to the loading zone. Then those of us who have to choose whether we will go to Home Depot or Lowes which are merely a mile apart, will keep in mind that Home Depot gives the best spots to those who are contractors. So, screw Home Depot, I'll go to Lowes, where if I'm not a professional I don't have to park in nose bleed when I buy 100 lbs of concrete and a pile of lumber and lunk it all the way to the truck.
BTW, thanks for serving, guys!! Oh, and a special thank you to all of the pregnant women out there. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A lot of Lowes and Home Depot inventory is the same, but on some key items, you can only get some items one place or the other, I have learned. So sometimes, I shop where I must, despite my preference for the closer store.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I worked for a huge international tool and fastener company that homedepot wanted bad. I sat in meetings on our side deciding if it's was a good move Trust me if Home Depot could get rid of johnny homeowner tommorow they would. Oh yeah this tool doesn't work after he used all weekend. I knew dewalt reps who said they would l return 14 million a year in each city completely fine tools that homeowners borrowed for the weekend I'm a large contractor now and yeah I buy 10000 times you do so giving me a closer space is fine. Hd

wants contractors not you so go to blowes
And ya all applaud Brad for pushing a car into traffic?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Well, fuck. That escalated quickly.
If Home Depot wants contractors and not homeowners, they should grow a pair of balls and say so, or at least lay off on the free how-to seminars for homeowners. I suspect maybe contractors don't want homeowners at HD more than HD doesn't want homeowners there.
I've always wanted to ask a big-shot contractor that buys 10,000 times as much shit as I do: do the tire shops pay you guys to strew the streets with nails and screws falling off your trucks, or do you just do that for free?
And in this case, yes, I do applaud Brad for pushing a car into traffic. I still would if he told me the dumbass driver was still in it, in fact.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Not a Big shot just my guys are there 3-4 times a day so giving priority makes business sense for them. They're too smart a company to tell homeowners to piss off but believe me they're long term goal is mid sized contractors. For the nails etc I try to run an environmentally friendly company we really try not to damage our customers cars and tires
As far as the car thing. Just wow

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ref the vets' parking spaces, you have to accept the good things in life where they happen. Don't over-think.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
" And ya all applaud Brad for pushing a car into traffic?"

He has cajones bigger than mine. Yes, I agree with him.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The girl should have parked in an unreserved spot, but chose the handicapped spot as an expedient.
I put Tundra in reverse and gently ease up to rear of little car and push it out into the main traffic thorouway.
Brad should have called the police to ticket the girl's car, but chose the expedient of pushing it onto a main traffic thoroughfare. I have a problem with that. There's a right way and a wrong way to get things done.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Perfect example of ruining a good thread with crap that has nothing to do with it. And, why a lot of forums don't allow off topic stuff. This WAS a good thread. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.