PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
My wife and I are the legal guardian of a boy.His name is Jamia.He is mentally and physically handicaped.Two weeks ago he had a hernia.It caused him to start throwing up.That same day he had emergency surgery.The next day they told us that he had to stay in the hospital.Some of the fluid that he threw up got into his lungs,and caused an infection so severe that it was life threatening.He's still in the hospital.We think that he's finally starting to get better.At least we hope so.To be clear I didn't post this to get sympathy.I just wanted to say that those of us who have small kids and grand kids maybe need to be aware that when they throw up it could lead to very serious problems.Especially if they are weak to start with.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
puffy, good heads-up for us all, about kids and adults. I hope your little guy gets better fast. I'll keep

him in my thoughts.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Always harder to hear about issues with kids. Hope he continues to improve and a great reminder for everyone!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Sorry in advance if I'm intruding but what medication did they put him on? Albuterol and some sort of general antibiotic? Is he on oxygen did they mention a non invasive ventilator? Ask many questions and write down every answer! Also watch the nurses, things get hectic and sometimes medicine is given twice or not at all.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thank you Puffy. That is great that you did that. My parents took in a Downs Syndrome child years ago. He actually saved my life once when I was an infant. He is older than me. Approaching 50 which is rare for a person with Downs Syndrome. At least it used to be.
My prayers are with Jamia and you good folks Puffy. Please keep us updated on his condition.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Jamia. May GOD watch over him...

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
God bless Jamie and your family Puffy!! I have a daughter with cerebral palsy so I know how hard it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.