VaPers in General and Peterson Navy Rolls in Particular...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
This is simply not true.......... DNR does indeed contain licorice, prune juice and other flavorings.......
DNR Ingredients

I usually can taste the plum/prune when I smoke DNR, but maybe it's because I know it's there??..........?‍♂️

Bloody hell this is an interesting link! Seems that Nightcap has no flavourings then, just preservatives.

On topic, DLNRs was the first blend I smoked after 2 years of smoking only Nightcap, and my first VaPer. It instantly converted me to a VaPer lover. It is the sweetest VaPer I've smoked so far, and manages to be both gentle and flavourful - for a comparison, the other VaPers I've smoked a fair bit of go a bit like this:
  • Solani 633: less sweet, more grass, more body
  • Bayou morning flake: less sweet, Perique/pepper bomb
  • St Bernard flake: less sweet, more grass, more body - almost identical to Solani 633 for me, but has some more obvious topping, the flakes feel so in the touch.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I've now smoked a few bowls of Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls this week and this is excellent to my taste. Sweeter to me than some other favorites like HU Louisiana Broken or Rattray Old Gowrie. PLNR's are like slicing an entire warm tray of Hawaiian Rolls and shoving your face in it. There is also the spice (more like a mild baking spice rather than pepper) but the bready notes are really there. A bit pricey, but will outpace Escudo in the cellar methinks.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I've now smoked a few bowls of Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls this week and this is excellent to my taste. Sweeter to me than some other favorites like HU Louisiana Broken or Rattray Old Gowrie. PLNR's are like slicing an entire warm tray of Hawaiian Rolls and shoving your face in it. There is also the spice (more like a mild baking spice rather than pepper) but the bready notes are really there. A bit pricey, but will outpace Escudo in the cellar methinks.
Escudo succa la donga.

Status
Not open for further replies.