Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Although it's got some Cavendish in it, PS Luxury Bullseye Flake (coin) is a great VaPer into. The cavendish helps smooth it out and easier to digest.

yabo71

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
Here’s what I have tried so far in VAPers:
McClelland Bulk 2015 – Awesome, love it (maybe ruined it for the others?).
Cornell & Diehl Red Carpet – one of the oddest blends I have ever tried, very inconsistent, only got maybe 3 really good bowls out of the whole tin.
Esoterica Tobacciana Dorchester – only tasted good in one of my pipes, a small bowled narrow drilled draw.
G.L. Pease Telegraph Hill – Opened this two days ago and had a bowl last night in my trusty Wessex Poker. I probably could be less impressed but I’m not sure how.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Luxury Bullseye Flake is the one I'd recommend to start with. It's a highly affordable bulk, good quality tobacco. It smokes easy and smooth, burns evenly and takes to the match nicely. The natural hay like tones and subtle sweetness of the Virginias works very well with the stewed fruit and spice notes of the Perique. The cavendish does add a little something, but since it's unsweetened, it doesn't overpower the Va and Perique ( the real stars of the show ).

muddy41

Lurker
Jan 7, 2014
Wow sorry I have been off dealing with older children issues and have not looked at my posting.
TYAVM for all the ideas. Yes I am in the states MN in fact....
to go on line this weekend and do a little shopping to get a couple tins of what has been suggested and just get started trying a few things little by little.. If nothing else and I don't like something I am pretty sure I can find someone that would be willing to take whatever it is that I don't like and add it to their selection..
Thanks again for all the help.looking forward to trying some new stuff when I can get my pet speed to me..
Mike

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
muddy, every pipe smoker needs to try a tin of Escudo as that is the Vaper which all others are judged by. I stock 4 vapers in my cellar and the others are as follows.
Samuel Gawith St James Flake

Solani 633

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls...very similar to Escudo but to my tastes it is sweeter and less peppery.
All of the vapers in my cellar are flakes as that is the only type of tobacco that I smoke. To my tastes a flake provides a cooler and more flavorful smoke over any other cut of tobacco. Let us know which vapers you get and how you like them. If you would like some suggestions on some great tasting flakes, don't hesitate to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.