PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TampaPete

Lurker
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
Hi,

I'm looking for a VaPer recommendation, preferably one that has a bulk offering or perhaps an 8oz tin available.

I've had and enjoyed (Peterson's) Elizabethan, and I have maybe an ounce of very well aged PS BullsEye flake.

I've been considering:
Stratford and Fillmore from GL Pease
Bayou Morning from C&D
Luxury Navy Flake from PS

I have had Luxury Navy a while back, but don't remember much about it besides thinking it maybe had a bit of a topping?
I'm not really sensitive to vitamin-N, so I'm not too worried about that factor.

Are there any others I should look into?

Thanks!
TampaPete

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
GLP Sixpence and Fillmore are two Pease 8oz’er I like to have around. I haven’t gotten around to my tin of Telegraph Hill yet. Chenet’s Cake is liked by many, but I’ve got no personal experience yet.

Match Victorian is my go-to bulk, but I do like tangy red Va. PS 400 is solidly good bulk Va with a little perique that I’m building up stock on (and only gets better with time).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I like GL Pease Stratford, Haddo’s Delight, Fillmore (which has a tiny amount of Latakia in it), and Telegraph Hill.
HU Director’s Cut is very good.
PS LBF is excellent with about 4 years of aging. PS tobaccos are released very young, barely out of the shell, so they need time to develop flavor.
Most of my favorites are no longer available.

TampaPete

Lurker
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
GLP Sixpence and Fillmore are two Pease 8oz’er I like to have around. I haven’t gotten around to my tin of Telegraph Hill yet. Chenet’s Cake is liked by many, but I’ve got no personal experience yet.

Match Victorian is my go-to bulk, but I do like tangy red Va. PS 400 is solidly good bulk Va with a little perique that I’m building up stock on (and only gets better with time).
I do like red Va's, will check that one out too.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
First one that comes to mind is GL Pease Telegraph Hill, it’s a wonderful smoke and comes in an 8oz. tin.
What he said. This is my baseline VaPer. I’m not even sure it’s my favorite VaPer, but it is what I judge every other one by. It simple, and each component is always obvious but always complimentary to the other. To my palate, the perique has more dark fruit than spice. Sometimes I think this blend kinda tastes like a chocolate covered cherries.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
For the price I'm a big fan of PS Luxury Navy Flake. I usually age it at least one year before smoking to that might not help you immediately. The GLP recommendations are good too.

Reactions: TampaPete

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
If it ever makes it to the US (it might this year) You must try their vapers. They are the best Ive had....thought there are plenty from the US I cant get now.

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Like @MattRVA and @krizzose said G. L. Pease Telegraph Hill is right up there maybe right at the top. A tobacco no one has said is Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls, very good, not in your face with the perique and ages sublimely.
I'm not aware of DNR being available in 8oz bulk, though, which was a criterion. If we're talking 2oz, the field widens considerably - SG's Cabbies is top of my list, followed by St James Flake and the Plug version ( which resembles DNR on interstellar overdrive, imho).

Reactions: ThermionicScott