PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
If you enjoyed Cringle Flake, try Watch City's Rouxgaroux. It'll be released again on April 1st I believe... It's another sweeter VaPer blend, like Cringle.

Bayou Morning is absolutely nothing like Cringle. I find it to be more pepper forward and really harsh.

Reactions: AlanH

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
It is a challenge when you are new and do not have cellar and you will not pay 100$ for a 10 year old tin of unattainable

I don’t have an “aged” cellar either, but it’s growing. But, there are plenty of good smokes available that are ready out of the tin. Don’t be bullied into believing the bullshit that all tobaccos need to be stored 5-10 or more years to be enjoyed.

They simply would not be selling tobacco only for storing. Yes, some do good with some age - but, they’re sold to enjoy today also. ?‍♂️ You only get aged tobacco when you buy so much you can’t smoke it that fast. Eventually you get intentional - but, Jesus - please don’t do it because everyone else does. Most people with aged cellars have been smoking for many years. You just don’t start that way…and you don’t have to buy a $100 tin to enjoy pipes. Besides - more than likely one of those $10 tins you nab today will be one of those $100 tins in the future. So - perhaps it’s more relative than perceived. ?‍♂

Mr_houston

Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Reminds me of a really good Burgundy wine. Sour, plum and other ripe dark fruit. My salivary glands were on over-drive all the next day with the amazing flavour. I'm now hooked and smoking a few bowls a week.
I place Virginia tobacco into generally 2 categories - red VAs and golden VAs. Cringle Flake 2021 is a red VA with perique. You description of sour, plum and other ripe dark fruits typically fits that red VAPer category.

VApers based on golden VAs, like Luxury Bullseye Flake, will taste very different. They’re not my favorite.

I just spent a year exploring VAs and VApers. You have to read the descriptions carefully to figure out which are based on red VAs. Many blends use both VAs.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
There are lots of great VaPers out there.

The Country Squire 50th Anniversary gets very little to no talk, and it’s a really good VaPer.

The Country Squire 50th Anniversary review;

Be on the look out when it comes out this year from Watch City Cigar their Rouxgaroux, this is an amazing VaPer!

AlanH

Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I don’t have an “aged” cellar either, but it’s growing. But, there are plenty of good smokes available that are ready out of the tin. Don’t be bullied into believing the bullshit that all tobaccos need to be stored 5-10 or more years to be enjoyed.

They simply would not be selling tobacco only for storing. Yes, some do good with some age - but, they’re sold to enjoy today also. ?‍♂️ You only get aged tobacco when you buy so much you can’t smoke it that fast. Eventually you get intentional - but, Jesus - please don’t do it because everyone else does. Most people with aged cellars have been smoking for many years. You just don’t start that way…and you don’t have to buy a $100 tin to enjoy pipes. Besides - more than likely one of those $10 tins you nab today will be one of those $100 tins in the future. So - perhaps it’s more relative than perceived. ?‍♂
I do not trust my taste enough yet to buy 100$ worth of any blend. However it appears you can not lose money buying good blends. They just go up in value. I walked into a b&m they had 2021 Cringle Flake and Esoteric. I did not realize how scarce these blends are I only bought one tin of Esoteric and one tin of CF now I wish I had bought more ?

Reactions: dcon

AlanH

Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
There are lots of great VaPers out there.

The Country Squire 50th Anniversary gets very little to no talk, and it’s a really good VaPer.

The Country Squire 50th Anniversary review;

Be on the look out when it comes out this year from Watch City Cigar their Rouxgaroux, this is an amazing VaPer!

Who does Country Square get there tabacco from? Sounds good ?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This blend is always available and it smokes great if love Red Virginia's with your Perique. Most know nothing about this one.

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
This blend is always available and it smokes great if love Red Virginia's with your Perique. Most know nothing about this one.
Woah..... Nice one! Count me as one of those that never heard of this blend.
That's going on my next order.
??

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Some that might be easily obtainable and are really good would be the deluxe navy rolls from Peterson, Haddos delight from C&D and my favorite right now is poplar camp from C&D. Try reading some reviews on tobacco reviews and get a sense of what they are, considering the prices you have to deal with though.

Reactions: edger