PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I have a tin of Burley Flake that I haven't popped yet. I'm hoping to like it well enough not to need to cut it with an aro. It seems quite popular.

Don't get me wrong, Burley Flake is fantastic on its own. But I've found that it works well if you want to tone down the topping of VCF

Reactions: workman

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I have a tin of Burley Flake that I haven't popped yet. I'm hoping to like it well enough not to need to cut it with an aro. It seems quite popular.
It’s good stuff, I love it. But I bet it might be nice with a pinch of vanilla flake rubbed into it too!

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
As far as anyone knows, is there no difference in taste with the loose and flake cuts? I usually find that flake has a deeper flavor profile.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
As far as anyone knows, is there no difference in taste with the loose and flake cuts? I usually find that flake has a deeper flavor profile.
I've been curious about that too. I've never had the flake, only the loose cut. I only like a couple of aro's and Vanilla Cream is one of them.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
In my opinion, it’s the same tobacco (have and enjoy both). One is left in flake form, the other is a rubbed out version of the same flake... I can see the “un rubbed” strands left in the loose cut.
BUT...what do I know...? YMMV as they say (write)...

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
In this video Per Jensen is talking about Mac Baren flakes. He says that the flakes are pressed for 6 hours under a 55 ton press. The flakes are then kept under the same pressure after pressing and kept like that for 30 days.

The ready rubbed versions is only pressed for 3 hours and kept pressed for 5 days.

Maybe something in the pressing makes the flavor come out more, maybe not. Who knows.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
In this video Per Jensen is talking about Mac Baren flakes. He says that the flakes are pressed for 6 hours under a 55 ton press. The flakes are then kept under the same pressure after pressing and kept like that for 30 days.

The ready rubbed versions is only pressed for 3 hours and kept pressed for 5 days.

Maybe something in the pressing makes the flavor come out more, maybe not. Who knows.

Now that’s real info. Mine was (is) purely anecdotal...
so...same, but different!?

Status
Not open for further replies.