PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrislw324

Lurker
Apr 25, 2020
It's been a long while since I've smoked an aromatic blend, so I went to my local pipe store and bought an ounce of their vanilla house blends. The vanilla flavor was very underwhelming and just overall had very little taste.
What are some of your favorites that you'd recommend trying?

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I want the tobacco up forward and the flavoring to just pique the tobacco flavor, so something like C'est La Vie is good to me. But if you want a creamy vanilla milkshake like experience that will brighten the room like a scented candle, there are a number of other blends. I'd go for an up-market tin if you get recommendations on that.

Reactions: BROBS

Chrislw324

Lurker
Apr 25, 2020
So I was not able to find a MacBaren 'Vanilla Cream Flake' on their website or smokingpipes.

I found a Vanilla Flake:

and a Vanilla Cream:

Which one are you guys recommending?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Vanilla is used with a light hand, often with other flavorings like caramel and cocoa, in many aromatic blends. I think the ever present 1-Q has some, and its sibling LL-7. I haven't tried it, but I think Mac Baren is a juicier example of vanilla flavoring.

Reactions: BROBS and Ahi Ka

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
So I was not able to find a MacBaren 'Vanilla Cream Flake' on their website or smokingpipes.

I found a Vanilla Flake:

and a Vanilla Cream:

Which one are you guys recommending?
The loose cut version vanilla cream is top notch and one of my favorites as well.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
MacBaren Vanilla Cream is delicious. I haven't tried the GH American Delight that @shanez recommended, but if it tastes anything like their Kentucky Nougat then it's gotta be good. Nougat is also good and has some vanilla and other flavors (nougat?) going on. One of the most flavorful Vanilla aromatics I've tried is Sutliff Orchestrated 9s. If you like latakia, there are several good vanilla crossovers like Sutliff Aromatic English or Lane HGL.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I haven't tried the GH American Delight that @shanez recommended, but if it tastes anything like their Kentucky Nougat then it's gotta be good. Nougat is also good and has some vanilla and other flavors (nougat?) going on.
American Delight is like a mild Kentucky Nougat.

Reactions: rushx9

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
It's been a long while since I've smoked an aromatic blend, so I went to my local pipe store and bought an ounce of their vanilla house blends. The vanilla flavor was very underwhelming and just overall had very little taste.
What are some of your favorites that you'd recommend trying?

The most common response to the question about the best vanilla aromatic is typically MacBaren Vanilla Cream - loose cut or flake. It’s a fabulous vanilla aromatic but for me it has an overwhelming fruity taste that detracts from the vanilla.

When it comes to “pure” vanilla aromatics, my own favorites are:

Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish - like BCA on vanilla steroids.
Uhles Big Dipper
Boswell Pipers Pleasure
Milan Tobacconists Evening Stroll

Reactions: mso489 and Bowie
May 17, 2020
West Michigan
I like Lane Vanilla Black Cavendish for a sweet vanilla and GL Pease The Vanilla Cream for a light vanilla.

The Vanilla Cream is a nice Viginia blend with a touch of vanilla. I enjoy mixing the 2 to get a more aromatic vanilla blend with a nice bready backbone as well.

Bowie

Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
If you want a more subtle vanilla taste, try GL Pease The Virginia Cream. It is a great blend, with a good bourbon vanilla note to it that is not overpowering. The tin note is delicious.

Reactions: mso489
Status
Not open for further replies.