PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
They don't have any classification for people with underlying health conditions?
It’s hard to follow. Every day the governor changes who is eligible. It’s bizarro. They’ve been dumping vaccines and blaming everyone for having too many appointments. It’s quite frustrating to watch. If you work for the local governments, are a teacher, and all other “essential services” you get the vaccine. Except I’m listed as an “essential service” but since I’m self employed I don’t qualify.

There are more disqualifications but I’d rather not start that topic.

Reactions: fireground_piper

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have had both shots. I was rather surprised to get in email from the major hospital system (Beaumont, for shoes of you in SE Michigan) where I had surgery a couple of years ago, inviting me to make an appointment. I had to activate the MyChart with them, but once I did so, I was easily able to make an appointment, and made the second one right after I got the vaccine. It was all fairly simple.
I have had absolutely no side effects whatsoever, except a sore bicep for about 24-26 hours after, but that's to be expected from a shot.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
My parents both got their vaccinations and only had very mild flu-like symptoms after the 2nd one. They are both in the health field, so it was relatively painless to schedule theirs.

I'm 36 and I live in SoCal, so I probably won't be able to get one any time soon.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
You two got it nailed. This thread isn't a debate. I'm not sure why anyone would want to. We are all entitled our opinion/position, there's no reason to "dis" the opinions/positions in opposition to yours on the matter, no matter how wrong you think others may be.

So it appears we are entitled to an opinion that only agrees with the OP. Is that correct ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I hope you and your wife get what you want from the bureaucracy. The management of such things is pretty terrible in most places it seems.

But I do have to mention that it is odd to read your statement of the form: “Let’s not debate it. <Controversial statement.>” Especially when it doesn’t even bear on the information you were writing the story to tell us. Seems like a way to try and have a one sided debate on a hot topic.
It’s not a controversial statement it’s a fact.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Status
Not open for further replies.