PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Every now and then I'll make an eBay pipe search based on highest price, just to see what delusional grifts are currently taking place. I saw this one and read the sales pitch, which adds to the amusement.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I predict that the pipe doesn't sell at that price. I know, I know, I could be proven wrong, but I figure it's a safe bet that if the pipe does sell I'll still be seen as the far lesser of two fools.

Allowing for inflation, the pipe may well sell for that amount sometime toward the end of the 22nd century. Stay tuned.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Without doing the math, I think Ashtons are up-market, but a fraction of what new White Spots cost, which for the most part don't sell for ten of thousands. So the thinking may be to net some daffy dot-com millionaire who doesn't know pipes, or just to net a rich buyer who will bid high, but not the asking price. There is that upper one percent who simply have more money than they can spend, investments and all, so will write a check for crazy sums, the way you might spend too much on a car you like. Lots of trust fund people out there.

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
For that price, they should include a complimentary subscription to a dating website, a flask, and maybe a fleshlight too, because to buy it, one is basically swapping a marriage for a pipe. It's the least they could do. A really ambitious buyer might also be able to haggle part of the retainer for the divorce lawyer out of the seller, but you'd have to be a top-notch negotiator to get that much, I would think. Hey, they're accepting offers...just start with the whole package, and go from there. And do not let them cheat you out of your hard-earned fleshlight (no pun intended).

I wonder if they take bitcoin...?