12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last weekend, my wife brought home a couple of new cigars. She said that since the weather was getting so warm that we could hang outside a little.

She bought her a new car last week, some sporty thing, and said that I couldn't smoke in it... till she needed me to drive her somewhere in it. Ha ha, so I smoked in it last night because she wanted me to drive us to the gym in it, so she could show it off. That didn't last long. If she wants me in something, she had better get used to me smoking in it. Yehhh, I realize that sounds freudian. puffy

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I am another pipe smoker with a exemplary wife for 47 years. She bought my first meerschaum as a Christmas present in 1984 and is responsible for about 3/4 of the pipes I now own. She gives me new pipes for holidays, birthdays and our anniversary and she usually finds the best estate pipes for me at antique shops/malls.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Mrs Condorlover has a thing for shoes. Being a tad under 6 ft tall she can look quite the giant in heels and I most certainly get that 'Dudley Moore' feeling of being a 'Sex Thimble' or pocket Hobbit! That being said I don't say anything about shoes if she doesn't say anything about my pipes, it also helps that she is in NYC and I am in Florida six months of the year. Seriously she once asked me if she was the perfect Finnish women. I replied that the perfect Finnish woman would have fold down teeth, f*ck all night and on the stroke of midnight turn into a roast beef sandwich and six pack. She was not amused!
seriously beer? No wonder she's upset. Maybe a whiskey of some sort.

Reactions: weezell

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
My girl makes way more money than I do, but we both live pretty frugally, until we go on vacation, then we (she) dump money like moldy fruit.

She's never once bugged me about tobacco or pipe or boat or fishing purchases. I hold down my end of the bills, groceries and household maintenance, work and don't get into debt so after that my money's my own, what little of it's left. It all works out.

She just got a killer new job and is out on a shopping spree right now. Good for her. I'll have mine at Bass Pro here in about two weeks when the crappie move shallow and the ice melts.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Mrs Condorlover has a thing for shoes. Being a tad under 6 ft tall she can look quite the giant in heels and I most certainly get that 'Dudley Moore' feeling of being a 'Sex Thimble' or pocket Hobbit! That being said I don't say anything about shoes if she doesn't say anything about my pipes, it also helps that she is in NYC and I am in Florida six months of the year. Seriously she once asked me if she was the perfect Finnish women. I replied that the perfect Finnish woman would have fold down teeth, f*ck all night and on the stroke of midnight turn into a roast beef sandwich and six pack. She was not amused!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love how many proclamations people make. But the universal seems to be that everyone's situation is different.
I buy what I want, I sell what I want because I make the money. Old school? You bet.
careful if she catches wind of that she might show how essential she is through going on strike. And that's how you find out things like she's a great carpenter and the only thing holding the house up. ;)

Reactions: Dudditz and JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.