PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Trying to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 5.....and it deleted everything to factory. I guess the idea is so you can just restore from backup afterwards....but for some stupid f**k reason my phone has never been able to run a successful backup (i've tried everything, and even the geniuses can't figure it out) so i'm stuck just doing a blind sync and hope all is well....
Thank goodness I have some JackKnife Plug to keep my cool.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Good luck with that. Shaun and I need to upgrade our iPads and since we use the same computer for both tablets (I refuse to let iTunes anywhere near my machines) and that normally mashes our apps together. Fun, fun!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have no need for this iOS5 business. Nor do I need this Lion crap. Snow Leopard is fine for me. iCloud? I'll make my own with a few bowls of Blue Mountain.
undecagon- Sorry to hear your iPhone upgrade din't go well... Hope it works out for you.
-Jason

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My iPad 2 updated without any problems. I like the new gestures too. :)

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
The wife and I just took advantage of the free Iphone 3GS phones. Never had a smart phone and was wary of the 2 gig data plan. But so far, so good. I'm enjoying the phone much better than my old Eternity.
I did the upgrade while on the road working. I did this because I have dial up at home and didn't want to take forever doing the upgrade. It went flawlessly on both my phone and the wifes phone as well with no problems so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.