PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I have tried following the instructions on posting photos using the forum album. Although I post the link, the photos didn’t appear.
Did you follow these steps, or other?
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:
1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
jpmcwjr, I have followed those steps. Where I get stuck is that on the iPhone the option to ‘copy the image location’ doesn’t come up when you click on the image. What I have been trying is to copy the URL from the browser after the large photo appears after clicking on the thumbnail. This has not been successful unfortunately.
Here is an example of what the URL looks like after copying from the browser:

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/tobefrank/album/picture/19077

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And here's what happens when you take the above URL and paste it into the IMG box. Does that answer your query?
img_8648-600x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What I have been trying is to copy the URL from the browser after the large photo appears after clicking on the thumbnail.
That's giving you the page URL, not the image URL. From there, hold down on the image and select "View Image". There's the URL you need.
img_8648.jpg

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Ah, success!
I clicked on the photo, pressed copy and then went to a new browser screen and pressed paste, which revealed the URL of the actual photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.