PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
There are folks who clean up grisly crime scenes. That's too creepy for me.

Have a friend who did this for a year-that was all he could handle. Said the first three months were ghastly and nightmare inducing, but after that you get so callous that you just eat your bologna sandwich like it’s nothing after scooping up the brains of a shotgun suicide victim with a plastic cup-and
He got paid ~$30 an hour, with no experience required.

He got paid ~$30 an hour, with no experience required.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Makes me wonder what sort of experience one would look for in that field. “Well, I’ve never done this specific job before, but I do have a lot of experience with cleaning up homicide scenes”. Interviewer: (Checks background check)

Right? I guess they’d want to know if you’d worked with hazardous materials before? From what I remember him saying, they pretty much just asked if he was ok with really gross things, and gave him some kind of “mental” test.

Reactions: musicman

swampgrizzly

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2018
South Louisiana, U.S.A.
I had two unusual jobs in my past where you either didn't ask many questions or asked them very demurely. My first paying job at 12 years old was painting pasture fence posts white for a Catholic priest who own the property and raised cattle in addition to his religious pastoral profession. (And no he wasn't interested in molesting me, but did have a reputation of chasing women, as I later discovered.) The other unusual job I've had was being the income tax preparer for the dancers at a chain of men's adult exotic dance clubs. Talk about some interesting business expense deductions involved!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
LOL! Did you go to 4th Presbyterian in Chicago? AFAIK that's the largest in the midwest. It's a landmark Aeolian-Skinner, the best of the classic American builders (They've been out of business since the 70s).

Of course, just like with other, ahem, "organs", size is only part of the story. Much more important is how you use what you've got (ba-dum ching). :LOL:

First Pres of River Forest, which they claimed was the largest. As for how they used it, they squandered it! Not once did I hear REO Speedwagons - Roll With The Changes, YES - I've Seen all Good People or Styx - Fooling Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.