SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Ever try radishes with a dab of slightly softened butter (good butter, not Land o Lakes!) and a dash of salt? You'd be pleasantly surprised! Apparently they are commonly consumed in both France and Ireland that way....

• Love
Reactions: edger
Jan 27, 2020
Good butter? Kerrygold for me. Good Irish butter. But, I prefer fresh from the garden radishes. Out of the dirt and into the mouth. Well, after a wipe on the sleeve of course.

Yes, I would say Kerrygold is the baseline for good butter. Actually, I've tried most available butters here and we have a few offered and one of my favorites is this one from Maine. It's cultured so it has a slight pleasant tang.

Reactions: kcghost and warren

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Ever try radishes with a dab of slightly softened butter (good butter, not Land o Lakes!) and a dash of salt? You'd be pleasantly surprised! Apparently they are commonly consumed in both France and Ireland that way....
Yes, but even better with white radishes!

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I like to eat cottage-cheese mixed with Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
I grew up with cottage cheese with brown sugar on it, but now prefer it topped with smoked paprika. Or just pepper. Or plain.

Also had a lot do cottage cheese with home canned peaches or canned pineapple going up. Took awhile to appreciate it, but still don't love it.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I grew up with cottage cheese with brown sugar on it, but now prefer it topped with smoked paprika. Or just pepper. Or plain.

Also had a lot do cottage cheese with home canned peaches or canned pineapple going up. Took awhile to appreciate it, but still don't love it.
Cottage cheese? Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

Reactions: kschatey

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
My grandmother would pull radishes from her garden, give them a half assed rub with her dirty fingers, and offer them to me as something ambrosial. Well, goddam, she was right!!!