PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

J. B. Deller

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2023
Here is an Estate Pipe that I recently acquired. All it says is Made In England. I cannot find a makers name.9C5E49F4-CF5A-4732-98DE-4ECAA03A76CE.jpeg

J. B. Deller

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2023
Without a picture of the stamping it is going to be impossible, and even with a picture it is likely impossible to identity a manufacturer.
The Made In England stamping is on the briar in the photo. That’s all I can find on the pipe. I have a feeling that if smoking pipes ever put this one up for sale, they’d classify it as unknown.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had similar "Made in England" stamped no-name pipe, a straight taper-stemmed billiard like this one. It was a great smoker, but eventually developed a crack between the bowl and the shank. Rather than trying gluing it, I donated it to a friend who wanted a few pipes as decor. I later bought a similar Johs pipe that serves the same niche on my rack. Everyone needs a few of this classic shape.

Reactions: J. B. Deller

J. B. Deller

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2023
I had similar "Made in England" stamped no-name pipe, a straight taper-stemmed billiard like this one. It was a great smoker, but eventually developed a crack between the bowl and the shank. Rather than trying gluing it, I donated it to a friend who wanted a few pipes as decor. I later bought a similar Johs pipe that serves the same niche on my rack. Everyone needs a few of this classic shape.

Thank you.