PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
For some time I was looking for a way to carry some tobacco around with me. I used a plastic bag for a little bit, but the tobacco would dry out. I also dip from time to time because it is easier at work seeing as I am im the military, and work on vehicles. I saw my empty tin and thought to myself if it could keep dip moist could it be use it to carry around pipe tobacco. It has worked pretty well so far. Any one els have any unique ways to carry around their pipe tobacco?2792

Last edited:

Big John Shea

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2019
I've been using a small-ish travel humidor (meant for six cigars) but which is large enough to fit a Canadian, a snack bag of tobacco and some long stem matches. Does not fit comfortably in my pocket, but works for a short trip someplace where I might want a bowl or two.
Cheers.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I've been using a small-ish travel humidor (meant for six cigars) but which is large enough to fit a Canadian, a snack bag of tobacco and some long stem matches. Does not fit comfortably in my pocket, but works for a short trip someplace where I might want a bowl or two.
Cheers.
Yeah I keep my stuff in my backpack out of fear of breaking my pipe or losing all my tobacco in my pocket as I move around to get on or under these trucks I work on all day long. But that a good idea for when im in civis

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Sometimes I pack a pipe and then stop the bowl with a wine cork until I'm ready to smoke. I don't really worry about my tobacco drying out, though. I prefer it quite dry.
I used to pack my pipe and put it in my pocket but I would forget it and lose most of the tobacco out of it usung a cork is a good idea though.I might have to try that. I like my tobacco oretty dry but not as dry as it get in the bag when I forget it for a week or longer.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For sheer convenience out in the field, I use two baggies, but ones with some thickness in the walls. I'll roll the first one up, and then roll the second around it. Goes for weeks if I forget.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A Group 4 size chamber will last me nearly two hours if I sit down and smoke, or all day at work for smoking on breaks. Just fill it, stick it in the pocket, and go. This fellow is my work buddy today.

Reactions: Jamdat692
Status
Not open for further replies.