PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
So, is aged better? In many cases, possibly, but perhaps “different” would be a better descriptor.
If I had the choice, I'd choose 10 y/o straight VA every time. But 10 y/o aged tobacco is of limited supply, while fresh is also lovely and can be more easily had. At this point, when I'm forced to smoke fresh, I could abide the distinction, all the while praying for more aged.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
As an update to this post, of course, my tastes have changed. While brain thinks Newminster is delicious I rarely grab it. I dint know why. And I've begun to find St. Bruno nothing like OGS, ha! Out of the three, I have been craving St. Bruno the most! To be fair, I put the Bruno away for about 3 months and came back to it. But wow is it good! Too bad about Newminster. I bought a ton of it. I won't be buying bulk again until I've sat with a blend a bit longer. Live and learn!
Same with the aged Newminster, I just don't enjoy as much as fresh [even though the aged room note is delicious] A simple fix for me is to add just 10%-15% of a straight Virginia.
Also adding about the same of AJs Vaper with the straight Va was also rather good.

Reactions: ofafeather
See, I try not to make suggestions for posts that state things like...
the only VA I have come to enjoy is Royal Yacht.

I'm not even sure what that means. I'm sure others with your sense of tastes can make great suggestions, and it sounds like your getting some great suggestions. But, these make for unique discussions about Virginias in ways that I am not comfortable with, ha ha. puffy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When St Bruno came on to the U.S market, I bought a tin, smoked half of it and then ordered 100 more tins. I buried the box in my closet and haven't seen it again. I think this stuff is going to age incredibly well. I am going to check a tin when it hits 5 years to see how it is doing. My gut is telling me I did the right thing about aging it at least 5 years. At ten years it could be an all world classic blend, we shall see.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
When St Bruno came on to the U.S market, I bought a tin, smoked half of it and then ordered 100 more tins. I buried the box in my closet and haven't seen it again. I think this stuff is going to age incredibly well. I am going to check a tin when it hits 5 years to see how it is doing. My gut is telling me I did the right thing about aging it at least 5 years. At ten years it could be an all world classic blend, we shall see.
When did you pick up your stash? My tin turns 5 this is November, but after seeing all the reports of rusty tins, I worry I should pop it now just to make sure it isn't compromised.16170475118442497189600672689024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.