PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Anti-tobacco fanatics in the Netherlands are up in arms:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/alexmassie/7480805/can-the-dutch-government-really-be-abandoning-smokers-to-their-fate.thtml

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Not sure which side the author is on, because I found the article kind of confusing. But if the Netherlands govenment can recognize how impinging on personal freedoms is counterproductive, than perhaps other governments should take note.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
The author seems to be against the anti-smoke zombies, at least thats how read it. I find it astounding how some people like the letter writer he was referring to just can not grasp the simple concept of personal freedom.
I love this line..."Because my “freedom” has repercussions, not just on my health but on the rest of us. Private lifestyle choices have a tremendous effect on the public purse."
Ahhhhh there it is...the tired, old, and thoroughly debunked health care costs argument.
I'm convinced that people who are just sooooo against something like tobacco or guns that they make it their life mission to eradicate them from the earth have something wrong with them mentally. Theres no other explanation for it. No matter how many facts, figures, statistics, studies or whatever you show them that completely debunks their arguments, they still won't stop. Theres another word to describe these people: Morons.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
They want us to stay home with the lights off and conserve energy, and hold our breath to save oxygen.
In the South Bay (Northern California) they've been trying to stop people from smoking outside their apartments.

Status
Not open for further replies.