PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Damn that sucks. What’s his name? I recently commissioned a meer and did pay up front as well. I didn’t know that wasn’t the norm but it appears after reading this thread that it isn’t the norm. I ended up really liking the pipe so obviously a different outcome than what you’re dealing with.

Reactions: MinnesotaNice

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
So it was Walt cannoy on his lava rock pipe when they first came out and the pipe I wanted had already been sold so he said he could pump one out in a week but I had to order threw his site and I paid with a debit card
Knew it. This happened to a friend of of mine and it took 7 months for a commission that was quoted as being 3-4 weeks. Emails ignored, no communication. Finally delivered the pipe after legal threats and the stem was wrong . He refused to fix it.

This is 6 or 7th incident I’ve heard like this from this carver. I hope it gets resolved man

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's pretty mean. Pipe smokers put a lot of energy and expectations into commissions to get this pie in the face. I'd keep going after that refund. The attorney general route sounds suitable. Even if the guy is generally legit, he shouldn't be doing this kind of business. No excuse. Pipe people usually have a lot of community feeling and go out of their way to make good.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I haven't had any problems buying directly from Walt but none of the pipes I've bought from him were commissions. They were already made and listed on his site.
I know he's had his run-ins with people in the community before but I personally don't have anything negative to say about him. He makes some really cool pipes for reasonable prices.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Is there an email address for this fellow? Sometimes e-mail is more attentively responded to. Might be worth on last try before “outing” him.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Naive fresh meat, unwilling to do a bit of due diligence/research before passing their hard earned moneys around.
But Instagram!

Edited to add, it’s possible it may be a deep dig to find the bad business about him, and if you’re new, you may not even know to look. I don’t know.
It’s a shame all the way round.

• Haha
Reactions: mingc and warren
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
So it was Walt cannoy on his lava rock pipe when they first came out and the pipe I wanted had already been sold so he said he could pump one out in a week but I had to order threw his site and I paid with a debit card
This isn't the first time I've heard about this kind of problem with Cannoy. Excellent skills as a carver, terrible customer service and questionable ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.