PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
You're liable to be the death of me,....you posted a few weeks ago about the "bulldog" in reference to my comment on the fact that I didn't have one yet, and how it was popular at the turn of the century and.....whatever.
Well,..............with your post in the back of my mind, I couldn't stand it anymore and pulled the trigger on my first one tonight.
It's a fairly old rustificated Marxman that I got at a fair price and I have to admit I actually like the looks of.

I'll post a photo or two when I get it.
*thanks* :D

mole

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2010
GAWD I HATE it when that happens...
ROFL.gif

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
:lol: I blame all of my TAD or PAD attacks on Arthur! I know he had a hand in it at one point or another!
Look at all those PRETTY pipes!!!!!!!!!! Smell all that wonderful tobacco!!! Just imagine having all that stashed away at home! OK I admit to being an enabler !
- Quote from Arthur himself!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I really think Kevin should start a new feature up by the pipe quote of the day called, "unclearthurisms of the week". Each week he puts up some nugget of wisdom from unclearthur, since he is treasure trove of funny quips and one-liners.
-Jason

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Can't wait to see the bulldog Tommy.
I remember the first time I saw Arthur's forum name and thought what is this guy unclear about? It took a moment to figure it out and then I said "Uncle"!

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
Can't wait to see your latest acquisition Tommy.
Uncle Arthur you're a true man of the pipe.
Okay, that may not have been said correctly but you know what I mean.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Wow those are beautiful pipes Uncle Arthur!
I've been doing a little, (actually a lot), of research on the old Marxman line.

The pipe I bought is much older than I first thought and dates most likely to the late 40's or early 50's.

Like most Marxman's; it ain't no beauty queen for sure, but in a weird sort a way it's...kinda cool.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
ARGH! Why, cortez? Why? I swear just when I think I've pushed past another PAD outbreak, you post up some picture of a beautiful bulldog. I caught myself eyeing a Peterson bulldog and another maker whose logo I don't know at the smoke shop today. I used to dislike the bulldog shape, but now I seem drawn to it! My wallet blames you!
-Jason
P.S.-I'm very envious of your new acquisition. Awesome pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.