PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Cloozoe

Lifer
Sep 1, 2023
In the last edition of "Um, Interesting Pipe" we had a specimen that was so silly and so ugly that it was pretty much universally derided as such by the pipe commentariat.

This week's entry is a far more serious, far more accomplished, and far more expensive piece that I think will generate significant diversity of opinion...even though it is plug ugly.

IMG_5762.png

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I was expecting something more dramatic, that's just a reverse calabash. Appears to be of Japanese or Chinese design.

Reactions: Tate

Cloozoe

Lifer
Sep 1, 2023
Aw, c'mon...you guys are no fun...as chasing embers pointed out, it's a reverse calabash (so au courant, a breakthrough in solutions in search of a problem) by a current darling of the pipe cognoscenti ("...the breathtaking outline of this shape, its nigh-perfect shaping, and the beautiful line work present throughout its expanse...") whose pipes fetch four figures. I don't believe that someone, probably many someones, with much more sophistication and a more discerning eye than I doesn't love this pipe and wouldn't be willing to expound on the fact that I'm a soulless barbarian, thoroughly oblivious to the fine points of design. Where are you?

• Haha
Reactions: David D. Davidson

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Do you like deez pipe? What about deez nuts. Whomever posted that earlier nailed it. HAHA

• Haha

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Looks like a Chic modern interpretation of a certain adult toy that shall remain nameless but the style of which is used in the same general manor but with less intensity and force as a lawn mower pull cord 🤷‍♂️

• Haha