PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I agree! That is why I no longer order from Uhles because I am a Wisconsin Resident. There are a great many fantastic (Latakia) blends from out-of-state sources that are, in my opinion, just as good and I can avoid the Wisconsin Excise Tax. It is so sad!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I'm not positive, but I just ran across a pic of Stokkebye Cube Cut Burley and it looks exactly like Uhle's Perfection Plug. I wonder if that isn't the base cube cut for Uhle's. Anyone else noticed this?
PS:

a551cadadea02a8b1098.jpg

Uhle's (with a bit of ribbon added?):

7316250cc342e6b8a0e1.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I purchased my very first estate pipe, a square-shanked, saddle-bit, The Guildhall No. 532, from Uhles sometime around 1990. I still have it, and it is a favorite which pairs nicely with their Hunt Club and No. 300 aromatic blends.
As pipestud noted above, Uhles has a good reputation for the high quality Burley tobaccos which they use in their blends. I believe that you will surely you will find something appealing as you peruse their blend list (Uhles Tobacco Blends - Out of State Buyers).
Good Luck!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Just made a routine sweep via social media. So I was getting low on bishops move and wanted to order some more anyways. So called and scored a tin of penzance as well plus the burley plug.....oh and it was as simple as a phone call. If people really want to try the unicorn call B&Ms they are the ones that sit on this stuff for weeks at time. Plus they aren't going to price gouge you. 9.99 2 oz tin of penzance.

winepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2016
Uhle's has been around since 1939, right here in Milwaukee, WI. It's where I began my pipe smoking endeavor with the greet benefit of sage advice on my first pipe (which is back at Uhle's for repair now) and greet tobacco blends right from the get-go, along with good advice and technique.

Golden Shag is my favorite of their 3 or 4 English blends;it's a little lighter on the latakia and, to me, has great nuance. I've enjoyed all of the blends I've bought or filled my pipe with at their shop.

They are on Wisconsin Ave, right in the middle of Milwaukee's down town entertainment and business district. Stop in when you have a chance; it's s beautiful old shop with friendly employees and fellow pipe (and cigar) smokers, a lounge, and plenty of good drinks and eats within a short walk in every direction. Sitting down and talking with Jeff, the owner, is always a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.