Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Ok, this is out there, no pun intended. Go ahead and get properly alumified. ?
In The NY Times, it was reported that the Pentagon has, for some time, been investigating “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.” Apparently this has been under the jurisdiction of Navy Intelligence. The news is that the project has morphed somewhat, and that there will be some new transparency to the public. Some videos depicting an object, moving in ways that current known aircraft cannot, surfaced in the last year or two. They were recorded from US aircraft, and have been confirmed by officials as being legitimate and unmodified.
In The NY Times article “No Longer in the Shadows...” astrophysicist Eric W. Davis insists that the Pentagon has possession of materials that cannot yet be made by man. I think it’s a big-ass universe, and although I consider myself a huge skeptic, I also find it staggering to believe we are the only planet with life on it. I do find most “UFO” stories to be hard to swallow though.

It’s an odd, yet curiosity-inducing topic that has been paramount to taboo, for fear of sounding like ol’ Bubba who had too many Natty Lights and swears he was “probed.” ?
What do y’all think about it? Spacecraft from off-planet? Domestic experimental aircraft? Is this Davis guy just a quack? Will they sell us their stash of McClelland at an exorbitant price? Just curious. I’ll be honest, I don’t know what to think about it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ok, this is out there, no pun intended. Go ahead and get properly alumified. ?
In The NY Times, it was reported that the Pentagon has, for some time, been investigating “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.” Apparently this has been under the jurisdiction of Navy Intelligence. The news is that the project has morphed somewhat, and that there will be some new transparency to the public. Some videos depicting an object, moving in ways that current known aircraft cannot, surfaced in the last year or two. They were recorded from US aircraft, and have been confirmed by officials as being legitimate and unmodified.
In The NY Times article “No Longer in the Shadows...” astrophysicist Eric W. Davis insists that the Pentagon has possession of materials that cannot yet be made by man. I think it’s a big-ass universe, and although I consider myself a huge skeptic, I also find it staggering to believe we are the only planet with life on it. I do find most “UFO” stories to be hard to swallow though.

It’s an odd, yet curiosity-inducing topic that has been paramount to taboo, for fear of sounding like ol’ Bubba who had too many Natty Lights and swears he was “probed.” ?
What do y’all think about it? Spacecraft from off-planet? Domestic experimental aircraft? Is this Davis guy just a quack? Will they sell us their stash of McClelland at an exorbitant price? Just curious. I’ll be honest, I don’t know what to think about it.
it's gotta be real. Why would the Gov investigate something they were doing themself?
Gives ya the creeps, really.

I've had an experience.. though I don't believe I was probed. lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have no doubt there is a universe of amazing reality, as yet unimaginable to humankind, out there within and beyond our solar system and even on Earth. However, are any of the tempting tidbits people detect examples? Mostly not. People fabricate a remarkable amount of fantasy as real. This is a tribute to our imaginations, not to our aptitude for discovery. The idea that people would discover astonishing truths and then hide them is fanciful in itself. The intellectual pride and pure opportunism of humans inveighs against this. If Navy intelligence has anything hot, they ought to turn over their cards or leave it alone. If the Loc Ness monster were real, such a monster would die every century or two and wash ashore or float to the top. No remains, no animal. And so forth.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
But how do you know you weren’t? ?
I don't honestly.. though I have no lost time or etc.

I may as well type out the story:
My friend and I were in an All State Band that was going to go on a Europe trip for 2 weeks. We would meet in Cedar Rapids (45 minutes away) for practice (I believe it was) once a week for a few months before the trip.

This old friend of mine is a supergenius. No joke. He has a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering and has advised the White House on varying subjects. Literally the smartest guy I have ever known.

Driving home one night it had just become dark on the drive and we were almost home. We turned onto the highway about 10 minutes from town.. and passed by Evansdale/Elk Run which is a sort of suburb town. Right as we hit this area.. we heard a metallic noise on the roof of the vehicle, above it.. not sure. A light passed through the car.. from front to back, then back to front.. just like the light in a copy machine. There was no source of the light like a beam from the side or above etc.. it was almost like a "bar" of light. Keep in mind this is all happening as we are driving 65 down the highway.. so this thing or light or whatever was going along with us. After the beam of light was gone we heard another "clink" or "clunking" or metallic type sound.. and it was done. That was it... everything normal again.

My supergenius friend looked like he had seen a ghost.. we both kept looking at each other and saying "what just happened!". My friend kept repeating "There has to be a scientific explanation.... there has to be a scientific explanation......".

Maybe they scanned him and replicated his ass? lol

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have no doubt there is a universe of amazing reality, as yet unimaginable to humankind, out there within and beyond our solar system and even on Earth. However, are any of the tempting tidbits people detect examples? Mostly not. People fabricate a remarkable amount of fantasy as real. This is a tribute to our imaginations, not to our aptitude for discovery. The idea that people would discover astonishing truths and then hide them is fanciful in itself. The intellectual pride and pure opportunism of humans inveighs against this. If Navy intelligence has anything hot, they ought to turn over their cards or leave it alone. If the Loc Ness monster were real, such a monster would die every century or two and wash ashore or float to the top. No remains, no animal. And so forth.
if it's something more technically advanced than anything our military has, do you think they want us to know that?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I think there are lots of reasons to keep such a thing under wraps if national security is involved. Maybe no one wanted to say anything until they were sure that another nation’s military/contractors didn’t create what they were seeing? I’m just guessing of course. And it may all have a terrestrial explanation, but it’s above my intellect if that’s the case. Of course, that’s probably not saying much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, stories: One night I woke up in the midst of a battle with something, throwing punches and knees, for a while, until I woke up and settled down. Some folks have these episodes from PTSD or other syndromes, but I had never before or since. Then I got up at the usual time and plodded off to work as usual. Mid-morning we gathered in the work room where we shipped off publications where the intern had summoned us, as it turned out, to watch the second plane hit the World Trade Center. Parapsychology or just a coincidence? Rationally, just a coincidence. Emotionally, I definitely have disaster receptors and clairvoyance. I taste evil in the air.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I would say parallel universes and riffs forming between them seems more plausible. The vast distances of space and our universe is hard to fathom even at light speed. But i would say with all the universe's that we already know about and who knows how many we don't.
Also considering how vast each one is i think we would be naive to believe that were the only planet with life on it. But i dont think they are traveling thousands or millions of light years to see us let alone anal probe us.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I will wait until they have some proof. You have to realize the government has to keep 1000's of folks quite about things and that's very difficult to do. Also, they haven't even remotely come close to violating the speed of light. See Special Relativity.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
1x01-Cartman-Gets-an-Anal-Probe-south-park-40218976-480-360.gif

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Side note. I once read a theory about how most of the anally probed people where over a certain age group... And that's the age group that's supposed to get colonoscopies. The thing is anesthetics don't always completely knock people out. Sometimes they can actually remember everything but are still immobilized (scary thought) and sometimes people have weird half memories of their surgery. Not saying they sold me on that theory but it's certainly another interesting possibility that the anal probing did happen but not quite as they remember it. The only time I've been put under for surgery also involved a sense of lost time.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I like watching shows about paranormal stuff. I look at it mostly as fictional entertainment and usually spend most of the show mocking the people on it and explaining how fake it is, which annoys my ol' lady. ("Paranormal Caught On Camera" is entertaining because of its abject absurdity, for example.)
Having said that...when I saw that UFO video released by the Pentagon, my reaction was "Holy shit."
I'm not 100% certain it's actual alien footage, but it's the most convincing UFO video I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.