PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I am excited about getting two great pipes and I thought I would share. Building my collection should be easy if this keeps up, as both were at basket pipe prices. The first is a turn of the century English calabash. The gourd color on this one is what attracted it to me- but I was able to snatch it up pretty cheap. The second is an Ashton Canadian second pipe (unmarked but verified to be a real Ashton). It is new but I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it smokes as wonderfully as Ashtons are known to. It is super light and I think it will make a great pipe for backpacking and canoeing.
P1130900.jpg

P1130914.jpg

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Previous owner was in marketing and got it as a sample from R.D. Field. Perhaps not a bombproof verification, but the pipe's weight, stain, etc. seem to jive- seems like it will be a great pipe either way. You can even faintly smell the oil treated briar.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
That Canadian looks sweet! If it smokes like the vast majority of Ashtons I've owned, you're going to be really pleased! Break-in should be a breeze as well. Enjoy :puffy:

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Me too herbindave- I figured at worst it was a fair price for a low grade Canadian, at best it is indeed an Ashton and a screamin deal. We will see how it smokes.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Hope they treat you well! I love the excitement of getting a new pipe, especially after the anticipation of waiting for them to arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.