PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Haha what strange things. I think they'd be a fine addition to a collection. They may not ever be smoked but they would certainly be a conversation starter.
I believe the Mastro Grandolfo would in all likelihood not work. At least not as he intended.

It seems to me that your draw power would be greatly reduced on the other bowl. In fact if you loaded them both up you probably wouldn't even be able to get the furthest bowl lit.
It may cool your smoke a little what with drawing some fresh air in with it. But in that case why not just have on of those Carey Magic Inch pipes?

maduroman

May 15, 2010
the perfect pipe for a long commute.... smoke one bowl, then switch to the second one when the 1st is done.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
A perfect pipe to settle the issue of aromatic or english get one with a switch and compair (SP) im tired.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Seems like the stereo pipe would be useful for a night in the town. Load both bowls up and switch it so you only smoke one at a time, then you have two full bowls in one pipe.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I don't know how well the two-bowl pipe would work*, but I definitely spent the better part of an hour last night watching that 6-part video of a pipe being made.
*You wouldn't get any more smoke than normal, unless you were dragging twice as hard/heavy, and I think the closer bowl would burn faster/hotter than the other. If I had the means to purchase it, it would probably get mounted on the wall and never smoked.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
I don't know, it's a little strange! However I have to say it might work out on the river bank, I seem to smoke more when I'm out there on the bank. No matter what I always seem not to have enough tobacco out there.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
I suspect that it is nearly impossible to actually smoke both bowls at the same time. You would need to spend a fair amount of effort making the draw through both chambers equal. Air will pass through the path of least resistance.
You could pack both chambers then cap/plug one of them and smoke one chamber at a time though.
Here is a little DIY test to demonstrate:
Get a drink and two straws. Put one straw in your drink and the other straw outside the liquid. Put both in your mouth at the same time and draw.
The pipe that Cortez posted would work though (assuming you only selected one chamber at a time).

Status
Not open for further replies.