PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
possibly like a kitchen sink, with 2 drains that connect to one? I'm terrible at getting the pictures in my head to translate into words :P

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
If you put two different flavours in then it would be a perfect blend of the two. . .well as perfect as you can get without aging. You'd also get more smoke per in each draw, roughly double -- and it would burn just as fast as a single bowl. So. . .pretty much the same way smoking two pipes at once would go -- but better.

Reactions: hyperstar

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
There are more examples at The Pipephil logos website. Here's a stereo pipe that has a dial ring to select either, or both bowls.
siam-stok1.jpg

siam-stok7.jpg

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Those with two stems are kinda cute -- though I think the two-strawed malt a lot easier to share.
By the by -- I've tried 2-bowls on something we've agreed isn't a pipe so it will go unnamed -- but now knowing they make 2-bowled true pipes I'd love to have one. . . in fact (goes to find one)

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
I guess I'm way to conservative to ever think of smoking those oddities, I thought I was being wild just by getting a pipe with a yellow stem. but, to each their own!

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Briary Bully, That's an interesting find but a waste IMO.
Cortez, that pipe looks like a pig's snout! oink, oink! :lol:
I think the whole concept of smoking two bowls at once is silly. The careful selection and blending processes of tobaccos has taken place long before ever being loaded in a pipe. To justify this "gimmick" item as a way to create a new blending experience is hog wash. For example, here's a little experiment to help clarify: Find or make a specialized drinking straw with a "Y" shape where two of the ends can be put into two glasses at once with only one draw end. Now get two separate glasses and fill each with your two favorite beverages. You can figure out the rest. Hell, if that kinda thing thrills you, just mix the two together and save the absurdities and a wasted glass or the waste of good briar in this case.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Thats just odd to me but maybe it would be cool to own as a"conversation piece".I know that somewhere I saw an old meerscaum with two bowls,maybe it was on ebay or a pipe book.

Status
Not open for further replies.